Fear Factory - Mechanize

Fire breath

Feb 20, 2002
London
piris-metalopolis.blogspot.com
Well a search revealed not a single post about this album released way back at the start of the year. I ain't no big FF fan or anything and I own Demanufacture like most people but damn I think Mechanize might be my fave FF album ever. This is a really good album indeed. Burton sounds great and the sound is sharp as a barber's cut throat. I had forgotten about this album but I thought let me play it a bit to see how it's holding up and it's still real solid and enjoyable. The melodies in the clean singing are very enjoyable but special praise must be given to fatboy Dino's precise and tasty machine gun riffing and of course Gene Hoglan's killer drumming. I think the release date for the album did the band no favours at all with most people getting excited for a while but soon forgetting as the year progressed. What's your opinion of this album and have you even heard it?

I just have never understood this band. Like some other industrial bands like Ministry, and I even don't mind Bell's voice on some Ministry stuff. Hell, I really enjoyed Ascension of the Watchers, but I just can't get into their stuff.

It's probably their very first album by them to actually kick my ass. Demanufacture is also pretty good!

Obsolete is also quite good as well. For me this is the only industrial I can just about stand. I really hate this genre. I class FF as the borderline of metal with hints of industrial but really much more regular pounding modern metal. I remember they did industrial remix of Demanufacture and I hated it! I know John Frank likes it but he's a madman with no rhyme or reason! So you liked it that much en Angraman? That's good. I thought the album was very good also and there should be more word about it as it's mostly been forgotten. I know they played a gig here a few months ago in support but alas I am not that big a fan to attend. I actually saw FF supporting Ozzy way back in 95 when Demanufacture first came out and they were just hitting big. People went ape shit for them on that Ozzy tour and Ozzy himself was touring Ozzmosis, probably his last really good album. I have seen neither since but I have vivid memories of that gig. FF making my ears bleed in the main it was so fuckin' loud! lol!

FF is amazing
one of my top 2 Cds this year.......

Obsolete IMO is their best,love the orchestration they add

QFT. Most FF fans revere Demanufacture as their best, and I like it a lot, too, but Obsolete is one of my favorite CDs of all time. "Resurrection" is one of those songs that I return to again and again, for exactly the reason you mentioned: tasteful, elegant orchestration.