Fear factory's st.anger?

Gonna have to disagree there, because if I remember correctly, they didn't use CR's stuff at all for Demanufacture, they used Rhys Fulber's stuff. At least according to Hatefiles, in which they have a bunch of the CR tracks that frankly don't remotely compare to the album mixes of Demanufacture. I mean different strokes for different folks you know, Obsolete had an awesome huge atmospheric sound to it, I think even the Archetype record had a very solid powerful sound to most of it as well.

ShokaiShimizu said:
Gonna have to disagree there, because if I remember correctly, they didn't use CR's stuff at all for Demanufacture, they used Rhys Fulber's stuff. At least according to Hatefiles, in which they have a bunch of the CR tracks that frankly don't remotely compare to the album mixes of Demanufacture. I mean different strokes for different folks you know, Obsolete had an awesome huge atmospheric sound to it, I think even the Archetype record had a very solid powerful sound to most of it as well.

Do you mean "Digimortal", instead of "Demanufacture"? If so, what are you disagreeing about?

ShokaiShimizu said:
does anybody know where Fear Factory's balls went?
I havent heard the new album so cant comment specifically but what you guys are talking about suggests Bruce Springsteen Syndrome. You start off all born in the USA and before to long your old, soft, maybe a family man, bit of cash in your pocket and you write Philadelphia.

does anybody know where Fear Factory's balls went?

My exact thoughts when i heard the songs from the new disc..
and i have a softer side as well, so i appreciate mellow music like passenger, Devin Townsends solo projects, queen, David Hasselhoff, boy george,etc..
So was getting ready to hear a more ambient, mellower fear factory, wich is the case, but not as good as i hoped it would be.. and that's just song structure and melody-wise...

But the sound.. man, what is wrong with the sound?? the snare is horrible, and the bass is not that good either.. guitars seem ok, so are the vocals, but the rest of the mix sounds bad to my ears.. they just deserve a better sound then this..

I could not do it better, but i truelly think it could and should be way better.. dammit! i was looking forward to this one, but as soon as those samples were posted, i knew something was wrong.. now i have heard the majority of the album, and i am very dissapointed...

What is Dino up to these days anyway?

I think I saw on Blabbermouth today that he's writing with Rob Flynn for the Roadrunner Allstars disc. Either way, I think even they had Dino back it wouldn't help, it's not 1995 anymore, and that being said they are just not themselves anymore.

Having both dino and chris on guitars would probably sound cool...Having dino and Fredrick Thordendal would be even cooler...hah.....hoho....

About the "issues"...everything heals with time......we all grow...

Nitronium Blood said:
Sorry mate, didn't mean to sound like my head was up my ass or anything :D

I just don't like the RIP tone. It would have made for a much better sounding album IMHO if they used the equipment from CTE. :Spin:
No, I didn't mean to imply that either... But I think RIP has a very solid tone, if you said KIMB or Youthanasia I would understand. :)