February is Black Metal History Month.

Heh. Everybody rush to the Mayhem website and download the 'Pure Fucking Armageddon' demo. You too can revel in the shittiest recording ever to come out of Norway (which is saying something!). :lol:

Living Colour are metal, as far as I'm concerned, they did some pretty heavy stuff. "True American Black Metal" :lol:

And they kick arse. A shame that none of the guys solo projects lived up to their rep. Vernon Reids first solo effort sucked majorly!!

i love Mayhem but Maniac's vocals are über-awful... i got the European Legions dvd and it's so boring, the vocals are too plain and monotonous :zzz:
Attila was the best vocalist they had IMO

hrmm btw, certain thread in the DT forum inspired me to resume my work on a BM members chart.. if you feel like posting line-ups or so, please do :D

i'll honor this month with --->

i love Mayhem but Maniac's vocals are über-awful... i got the European Legions dvd and it's so boring, the vocals are too plain and monotonous

I dunno, I absolutely love Maniacs performance on GDOW. And in my opinion, that is one of the finest metal albums ever, and its a pity that more people won't give it a chance just because it's trying to move black metal into the future (though Astarte, you seem to get it!). I thought they were very boring live, as well....not the experience I had been expecting.

Originally posted by astarte
i love Mayhem but Maniac's vocals are über-awful... i got the European Legions dvd and it's so boring, the vocals are too plain and monotonous :zzz:

I found Maniac's vocals on EL to be better than some of his other efforts, less of the Donald Duck factor and more of a pure scream, but oh well. He did take a bit of getting used to, but I like him now.
If you like Attilla, check out the Mayhem tribute album, all these bands copying his style, they all actually manage to pull it off (Ishan's attempt on the Emperor track is bloody good).

maybe i'm biased 'cause i hate that purple cape :p
no, i find it really boring, at least that show in particular...

as i said it's really plain, unlike Attila who experiments with different ranges...... i just love his vocals in Plasma Pool :D

In honor of Black Metal History Month, discounts are available at all local Demonic Grim Necrology vendors...outfitting your favorite Black Metallers for pure blasphemic evil since 1991. Use enough desecrated bloody and frostbitten coupons and get a free Home Goat Sacrifice Kit.

I'll celebrate, but it's gotta be with these CD's:

Venom - Black Metal
Mercyful Fate - Nuns Have No Fun
Coven - Witchcraft Destroys Minds and Reaps Souls

And if i'm in a great mood...Burzum S/T