February is Black Metal History Month.

Originally posted by yourdeadgroom
Heh. Everybody rush to the Mayhem website and download the 'Pure Fucking Armageddon' demo. You too can revel in the shittiest recording ever to come out of Norway (which is saying something!). :lol:

Hey, don't you make me drag you into the hate pit now will ye!!!!;)

There's a really interesting article concerning our Black Metal heritage here

Go check it out.

Originally posted by yourdeadgroom
I If you like Attilla, check out the Mayhem tribute album, all these bands copying his style, they all actually manage to pull it off (Ishan's attempt on the Emperor track is bloody good).

Actually, that IS Attila on Emperor's version of Funeral Fog.

Originally said by Euronymous

"THE COUNT will not go to jail," assures Euronymous. They have no proof, and no witnesses, because no one dares to be a witness. If someone fucks with one of our people, they will get the rest of us on their necks."
How sweet...

Well, I think the article is a little overexagerated.

Ow well, I don't post here this much because this board is already over-posted.
I was considering to get that book too one day, although you don't have to believe everything in the book (I heard from some guys who where in the scene at that time) but overall it seems a pretty interesting book.

Originally posted by humus666
Ow well, I don't post here this much because this board is already over-posted.
I was considering to get that book too one day, although you don't have to believe everything in the book (I heard from some guys who where in the scene at that time) but overall it seems a pretty interesting book.

:lol: Quite true, iut takes much time if you actually wanna post regularly ;) Which I don't seem to have ATM :mad: Oh well :D Neway, I wasn't taking the book as the complete truth, and I certainly won't believe half the stuff Euronymous and other central players spew as sometimes its quite clear they... fabricate the history at times ;) Such as claiming Mayhem were always solely BM :)

Originally posted by MacMoney
Actually, that IS Attila on Emperor's version of Funeral Fog.

Really? Cool, that's probably why it sounds like him then ;)
Wonder if he sang on any of the other tracks, cause alot of the bands vocals sound just like him.

Hmmmmmmmm............

Originally posted by veil the sky
Hey, don't you make me drag you into the hate pit now will ye!!!!;)

Oooops. My bad. I mean't that it was shitty in terms of sound quality, not song quality (it makes Dark Throne sound good). Some of my favourite Mayhem songs are on that demo.

Oooops.

*note to self* proof-read post more closely to avoid embarrassing mistakes............

:lol: