Feedback on my mix :)

jackwoodley95

New Metal Member
Jul 18, 2013
So I decided to do a pre-mix/1st draft of a song that I'm going to be releasing from my EP soon, didn't go too crazy on the mastering, just some light limiting and some bus compression.

As I say it is not finished yet, but I just thought it would be interesting to hopefully gather some feedback and criticism on the mix thus far and hopefully see where there is room for improvement.

Last edited:
Hey man, this song takes me back straight to 2008! :D reminds me a lot of KSE and AILD.

As for your mix, I feel like the kick and snare stick out too much and do not really fit the rest of the mix - the kick could use a little less click and a little midrange to compensate. The snare sounds pretty dry, try a little reverb and perhaps mix in more of the bottom mic if you have the option to do so.
I'd personally turn the guitars up and the bass down. The bass generally feels "unstable" and makes the mix cloudy - I'd cut some 200-300hz and put a limiter on it to really hammer it into place.
Hope that helps! :)

Thanks for the feedback buddy! Yeah some KSE and AILD elements is kind of what I'm going for but just with more melody, unfortunately this song conforms to those 2 styles but I wouldn't consider it to be a "stand-out" song when I release my EP.