Feedback on my song. Let me know what you think

JonnyGuavaSeed

New Metal Member
Jan 25, 2018
Big Island Hawaii
soundcloud.com
Hey Jonny here from the Big Island of Hawaii. Been figuring out how to mix some of my music. Any comments welcome. I would love some feedback on these songs. If anyone would like to collaborate let me know. I use reaper.

Attachments

• FastSongNewmix1.mp3
    2.4 MB · Views: 12
  • The Seed New Mix.mp3
    4.8 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Overall the compositions were cool and kept me interested. I noticed some guitar parts could use some redoing to keep everything tight as possible. Mixing needs work which could also help with giving some more energy to the music.

Reactions: JonnyGuavaSeed
Thanks man! Love the input. Keep it coming!! As to specifics on what kind of mix moves I should do.
These critiques are for both songs. I don't hear any bass guitar. If you don't have a bass track then that makes sense though if you do have one then that should be heard. The mix has a "closed" sound by that i mean I don't hear any reverb mainly on the guitars. I only hear the "tap" or stick hit of the toms, there's no resonance to them and are barely heard. Personally I keep my hihat mic track low and let the Overheads carry the hh for the most part. For me this helps keep cymbals at consistent volumes, blending better in the mix. Lastly would be the overall level of the mix. It is very quite try getting that RMS level higher without too much limiting. I hope this helps.