Feel good metal?

amonamarth10

Nov 9, 2004
What songs make you feel better when you're depressed?

Personally I like:
Elysium-Graven Bay
The Meads Of Asphodel-Guts for Sale
Hypocrisy-When the Candle Fades
Bal-Sagoth-Callisto Rising
Paradise Lost-As I Die
Novembers Doom-Silent Tommarow
Orphaned Land-Nora El Nora
Ignorabimus-Bazaar
Pan-Thy-Monium-Behrial

I personally believe Iron Maiden is some of the best feel good music around, or indeed Priest, Kiss or Saxon. All the old stuff is great, but I'm sure any power metal would do the job for a lot of people.

Ironically, when I am depressed, it is depressing metal that makes me feel better: Burzum, Mourning Beloveth, Primordial, Tearstained, Despond, Evoken, Esoteric, Odium Immortalis, Abyssic Hate, Forgotten Tomb, etc.

Iron Maiden definitely. Just the galloping riffs and general upbeatness of their songs combined with Bruce's singing style. I think. I can't really think of any particular Maiden song that really stands out.

ON SEXUAL “FINISHING MOVES”

Mine happens to be “The Hammer.” It have been asked, “Do you always employ The Hammer? What if your partner requires a softer tact?” And my answer: “I do no not stray from The Hammer. If she desires satisfaction, I suggest she condition herself to be satisfied by The Hammer.”

I take my inspiration from Satan. He is an “Eye to Eye Soul-Suck” man, without fail.

Buttfuck's first album dick shit. The vocals are falsetto and homo. It's gay like hammerfall.

in all seriousness Carcass 'symphonies of sickness' makes me feel good.

Dodens Grav said:
ON SEXUAL “FINISHING MOVES”

Mine happens to be “The Hammer.” It have been asked, “Do you always employ The Hammer? What if your partner requires a softer tact?” And my answer: “I do no not stray from The Hammer. If she desires satisfaction, I suggest she condition herself to be satisfied by The Hammer.”

I take my inspiration from Satan. He is an “Eye to Eye Soul-Suck” man, without fail.

Haha, what does that have to do with being depressed?

Usually when I'm depressed and want to stay depressed I listen to Doom/Black etc, but when I need to feel happier I listen to some like catchy Goth Metal like the 69 Eyes or something. Lord just thinking about them makes me smile.

"American boy likes American girl
Most beautiful people in the shattered world
I do belieeeeve in all-American dreams"