Fellow Canadians

dorian gray

Returning videotapes
Apr 8, 2004
Well, fags, I just completed precepting a lass from Vancouver and she was just the most wonderful person. Most Americans believe Canadians' use of the expression "eh" is a bunch of crap but she used it regularly. She also pronounced about as "aboot" and out as "oot".
However, she acquired negative points for never hearing of Rush and also for not knowing who Devin Townsend is.
Amusingly, she claimed to know nothing about the Civil War and wanted to know what the meaning is behind the Confederate flag.
I don't speak quite as fast as she does but neither of us are able to decipher some strange Southern expressions.
Anyway, after spending all this time with her, I feel a kind of kinship with you all. I always thought you were hockey-playin, Alanis Morrissette-listenin, bad-beer-swillin country folk, but no, you guys are allright. :headbang::lol:

I think I start saying 'eh' a lot more around Americans, or at least thats the only time I notice it

makes me feel good, knowing i validate a cultural stereotype!

I think I start saying 'eh' a lot more around Americans, or at least thats the only time I notice it

makes me feel good, knowing i validate a cultural stereotype!

You're a good looking guy! I can't believe she didn't know who Devin Townsend is!!

Plastic, none of your posts make any sense.

Demilich, I never believed Canadians said, "eh" until this young lady said it. She said it differently than I ever have too, but I can't recall it exactly because the wife will not stop talking to me right now and I can't concentrate and she's driving me crazy

A few years ago* in Calgary I was at some meat-market bar with a co-worker getting trashed after our meetings. The night seemed to be fairly standard fare until the DJ started playing that Offspring song..."ya gotta keep it separated" (or whatever). The place went fucking apeshit. APE. SHIT. This was well after that song had been popular...about 5 years after it was released. Totally surreal. He still mentions it as being one of the strangest things he's ever seen.

Calgary was awesome, though. Strong beer and gravy on everything.

*Jesus...it was Dec of 1999

best thing I remember about Canada are the strip joints ... holly titty twister, I think it was like 5 bucks for lapdances from super hot Euro broads.

best thing I remember about Canada are the strip joints ... holly titty twister, I think it was like 5 bucks for lapdances from super hot Euro broads.

YES! We also hit a strip club. One of them was so amazing that I actually had my picture taken with her (I think for an extra $5 or something). Those women were awesome and we were there on an off night.