Female singers

metal_wrath

I dip my forefinger...
Mar 20, 2006
...in the watery blood
Female singers in metal

Not including growlers (Sorry Angela Gossow fans)

Some of my favorites

Kari Rueslatten - former Doom/Folk Metal singer

3rd & the Mortal - former Doom/Folk band

Mortal Love - Gothic metal band

Avrigus - Doom band

Kari Rueslåtten is one of the best vocals around,but I think she found herself in her solo career,with her Pop-styled albums.Her vocals in The 3rd And The Mortal is a bit classic type of singing but she still rocked during that era.The ones who did not listened her solo albums should give a listen.Especially Pilot and Other People's Stories are fantastic albums.

I will also give credit to Ann-Mari Edvardsen and Monika Edvardsen.Cristina Scabbia is also good in her style.I also listened to a band called Akphaezya,their main vocal is a female called Nehl Aelin and she was nice.
No need to mention about soprano vocals as it gets too cliche and boring nowadays,many vocals in that area fail to impress that much now,I will only count Simone Simons for her beauty and singing and Liv Kristine,for being the proper mother of those angelic-female voices in Gothic/Doom/Symphonic whatsover...

chick vocals in Metal are easily the worst thing ever.

Björk is far more metal than pretty much everything mentioned in this thread

on second thought, Anneke is the only acceptable answer

Favorites
Me either. She sucks

The thing is,she is being too exaggerated.OK,she does decent job,but she is not the first female growler,nor she is the best.For example Sabina Classen is doing that for two decades but she is not well-known like Gossow is.Gossow is too overrated.

Anneke is good.
Also the chicks from Unexpect, Stolen Babies, Diablo Swing Orchestra, Starofash, and all the guests on any Fleurety's albums.

chick vocals in Metal are easily the worst thing ever.

Björk is far more metal than pretty much everything mentioned in this thread

on second thought, Anneke is the only acceptable answer

Bjork is not more metal than anything.

Anneke is not very metal either.

Anneke is good.
Also the chicks from Unexpect, Stolen Babies, Diablo Swing Orchestra, Starofash, and all the guests on any Fleurety's albums.

Who?

This thread is not for guest singers.

Simone_Simmons.jpg

I've not found many female metal singers that I actually enjoy listening to, but I guess the woman from Nightwish is alright (I don't know which one..don't know enough about them), and I agree with whoever said Simone Simons.

Not very much into female METAL singers. Battlelore has a really good singer actually (Kaisa Jouhki), but too bad the band itself is kinda average.

1350170279_16e53c3e00.jpg

Doesn't really belong to the metal category, but Julie Christmas does a fine job in Made Out Of Babies which is a pretty heavy/noisy rock band.

edit: Just realised this thread was aiming for more cleaner vocs. lol. Julie does cleans but they may be too rough to be mentioned in this thread.