Female singers

1350170279_16e53c3e00.jpg

Doesn't really belong to the metal category, but Julie Christmas does a fine job in Made Out Of Babies which is a pretty heavy/noisy rock band.

edit: Just realised this thread was aiming for more cleaner vocs. lol. Julie does cleans but they may be too rough to be mentioned in this thread.

Still, I highly rate her vocals over the vast majority of the others named in this thread. Most female metal vocalists tend to be in poncy 'symphonic' bands or horrid growlers.

Apart from quite a lot of people..

And yeah, first ones to come to mind are.. Audrey (Amesoeurs/Alcest) and whoever it is that sings in Hammers Of Misfortune.

Simone Simons, which is also THE thing in the world that is best to rest your eyes on.

all the Ayreon-women(Floor, Irene, Magali, Heather Findlay), Julie Kiss in To-Mera.

Out of women who have sung on Ayreon records, Anneke van Giersbergen, Heather Findlay and possibly Marcela Bovio are the best, I think.

But yes, there are obviously more good singers outside of metal and than in metal.

Ɛnslaved;8052067 said:
Second that.Hell,she is one of the most unique singers of all time.The works she done with Swans still blows me off.

I agree, but this thread is after all about female vocalists in metal, and I don't really think she qualifies under that label. If we want to expand further, I have to include Lisa Gerrard and Kris Force.