Female singers

THe chick from Atrox was cool imo, though 80% of the people I played it for were immediately like WOW WORST SINGER EVER TURN THIS OFF RIGHT NOW

EDIT: Oh, i see someone mentioned her by name (Monika Edvardsson or something) on the previous page. Her sister had a much more "normal" voice and was on some of the 3rd and the Mortal albums as well as the cover of cloudbusting on the novembre album which was awesome. They did an album together that was messed up electronic stuff which is kind of hit and miss but worth checking out if you like either of their voices, it was called Tactile Gemma.

Some of my favorite female-fronted metal (or not nessicarily metal) bands are:

Addiction Crew (a great nu-metal ish band from Italy, the singer has a...um...'creative' voice, but once you get past that a little, their songs are amazing and well written, and they have male vocals occasionally...they're a pretty big hit in Japan supposedly)

Within Temptation
Nightwish (new singer)
Lacuna Coil
Liv Kristine/Leaves' Eyes (she was the girl vocals on COF's nymphetamine song, and she has some pretty good songs herself)
Emilie Autumn (industrial on some songs)
Iwrestledabearonce
Evanescence

That's all I like.
Not all those might be metal, and none are like anything being posted so far.
But i thought ide add to the table.

THe chick from Atrox was cool imo, though 80% of the people I played it for were immediately like WOW WORST SINGER EVER TURN THIS OFF RIGHT NOW

I'm in that 80%...
Thanks god they kicked her out of the band...

I'm waiting for her to start chasing people around out here again like she did a few years ago... It was hilarious..

Diamanda Galas is an insanely stinky piece of vomit. I hope she is not alive anymore.

Back on topic, I think that the singer from Madder Mortem is d0p3. She sounds pretty tough.

Diamanda Galas is an insanely stinky piece of vomit. I hope she is not alive anymore.

Back on topic, I think that the singer from Madder Mortem is d0p3. She sounds pretty tough.

She would probably take that as a compliment and well the quality of her singing is definetly open for speculating. I can just say that no woman really sounds remotely like her. She is very whack.