fest question

Hmmm I wonder how Trouble's new singer worked out? They drew a fairly interesting crowd to a Powerman5000 show at mark's Showplace.

Utterly lame.

I can't be a fan anymore. Selling all my Shroud stuff for a penny.

And you're banned from my show.

:lol:

:p

If you really wanted something comparable to the big European festivals, you'd want to have 2-3 stages as well...divided by styles, for example. With that in mind, some bands I'd love to see live:

Axamenta
Beyond Twilight
Communic
Depresy
Destinity
Draconian
Equilibrium
Green Carnation
Gwynbleidd
Haggard
Insomnium
Mael Mórdha
Mar de Grises
Mekong Delta
Moonsorrow
Nevermore
Nocturnal Rites
Novembers Doom
Officium Triste
Old Man's Child
Pantheist
Primal Fear
Primordial
Pyramaze
Quo Vadis
Reclusiam
Redemption
Swallow the Sun
Teräsbetoni
Therion (with full stage show!)
Todesbonden
Winds
Wintersun

...and a few more that I just can't think of right now.

Beyond Twilight would be killer!

www.myspace.com/beyondtwilight

they're also in my top friends on myspace, because Finn Zierler is the greatest composer in metal, ever. Narissa, I take it that you've only heard For the Love of Art and the Making? That one is amazing, I just wish it was twice as long and had better synth orchestra sounds...or better yet, real orchestration. Otherwise, it's pretty much perfect. The Devil's Hall of Fame (with Jørn Lande's best vocal work ever) and Section X are both amazing as well...and then the earlier stuff, when they were just called Twilight, is also pretty good...but not quite up there with the Beyond Twilight stuff. The vocals aren't quite as good, and the production isn't even close, and the writing wasn't quite there yet, either...but then again, those came out in the early '90s anyway.

...And I'm also from VA....Fairfax County, not far outside DC.

^ yes, ive heard some off of the others, but The Love of Art and the Making is the only one ive heard straight through. and the way it developed, it makes me feel like im missing out on something by not hearing the other albums as a whole. i'll have to check those out, thank you!

haha everyone is from VA! and i know where both of those places are too. haha how did you guys end up so far away? :)

hmmm, fairfax.... thats where The Jaxx is, right? youre soo lucky. you must have seen a bunch of killer shows, huh?

FtLoAatM isn't really related conceptually to the other albums, so you're not missing out on much in that sense. One thing about that disc though, is that it's not only intended to work straight through, but also meant to be listened to on shuffle play...but I've never been sure if Finn had one particular alternate track order in mind for it.

I think I'm the only one from Shroud who's actually from VA, having grown up and gone through my entire grade school "career" there. I came up to Boston for college (Berklee College of Music) and stuck around afterward because of work contacts, friends, and a previous band.

And yes, Jaxx is in Fairfax County...West Springfield, to be exact. About 35 minutes' drive from my parents' house, so that's where I've seen most of the metal shows I've gone to in that area. I even drove down there to see PaganFest USA in 2008 in part because I'm not a big fan of the Palladium, and Jaxx being my "home" club, I like it a good bit more...plus I have lots of friends down there still.

Jaxx is a great place. Remember that trip, Dan? Haha. Getting down was easy, coming back was a different story.