Fiction sales

Does that account the fact that i'm sure a ton of people probably pre-ordered them through that offer on the DT site? I don't know if sales from another country counts or not(probably doesn't)

Soundscan only counts USA sales. Online sales probably don't count. I know that Amazon.com doesn't release info to Soundscan. When I preordered on Amazon about a month before Fiction's release, the album's sales rank was in the 500s. The day of release it was in the 100s. Today it's in the 500s again. If other online vendors don't report sales, I'd say Fiction sold at least double of what Soundscan says.

According to Blabbermouth:

Dimmu Borgir's new album, "In Sorte Diaboli", has sold 14,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 43 on the Billboard chart. This is more than double the 6,400 first-week tally achieved by its predecessor, "Death Cult Armageddon", which came out in September 2003 and landed at position No. 169 on The Billboard 200 chart.

In other news, DARK TRANQUILLITY's new album, "Fiction", has sold 3,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release.

Tons of people keep coming in for the new Dimmu Borgir (and about three or so for Fiction), but we've also had a copy of Into The Arms of Devastation by Kataklysm for about two months, and nobody has bought it yet. For a while I tried putting it where people could see it, but no luck. Then the "shelves" got reorganized. I find it funny that this is going to be Kataklysm's second trip to this city in 2007, and the album still hasn't sold.

From the Official DT Real Index page:

"In other Finland-related news, 'Fiction' entered the national charts at a remarkable #19. Other chart positions include #12 in Sweden and #59 in Germany. More updates to follow shortly.

"UPDATE: Good news from Italy: 'Fiction' entered the official album chart at #34 and the indie chart at #9 - a big leap forward from 'Character'!"