Film: Collaboration Sought (AKA Looking For Animators)

Laeth MacLaurie

New Metal Member
Aug 21, 2005
I am currently working on a screenplay as an outlet for my desire to create and a vehicle for ideas I want to develop public awareness of. What I lack is the technical expertise necessary to move beyond the writing stage to actually realize the concept. Due to limitations in funding and in finding suitable acting talent, my thought initially would be to render the concept in animated form, possibly starting with a 5-8 minute short.

This will be an long-term, ongoing project, but if anyone here has the interest and the expertise, please contact me:

laeth.maclaurie@gmail.com

So are half the threads in the forum, who the fuck really cares?

In any event, in any event, what I'm working on is conceptually and ideologically similar to the best metal, so it isn't off topic at all.

I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for but I work for a small production studio and it's possible that I can help. Send me a synopsis of your project and i'll get back to you asap.

E-mail's arghoslent@hotmail.com

To clarify a bit for folks:

I'm looking for animators in a traditional vein. Visually, I'd like something approaching the realism of some of the darker anime, though I have certain ideas about visual style as well. What I don't have is the technical skill to do the drawing or the animation.

What I'm working on is a story set in France during the years of skirmishing between French and English forces that characertized the period between Crecy and Poitiers. It will focus on two primary characters, one an English baron commanding a company of mixed cavalry, infantry and archers (this character is very loosely based on Sir John Chandos, though he is as much as anything a mouthpiece for my own philosophy) and his nephew and second, a young knight who won his spurs at Crecy. I have written some battle sequences, but the focus is more on the space between battles and uncovering the nature of "truth" and "reality" that war and naked chaos lay bare.