FILTER: Expanded 20th-Anniversary Edition Of 'Title Of Record' Due In August

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
A 20th-anniversary edition of FILTER's platinum-selling sophomore album, "Title Of Record", will be made available on August 9 via Craft Recordings. This expanded set includes four bonus tracks: "(Can't You) Trip Like I Do" (originally recorded for the cult-classic soundtrack "Spawn The Album"), "Jurassitol" (previously released on "The Crow: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack"), plus remixes of the singles "The Best Things (Humble Brothers Remix)" and "Take A Picture (H&H Remix)". It also features new liner notes by author, journalist and "Side Jams" podcast host Bryan Reesman. Upon its initial release in 1999, "Title Of Record" was a commercial victory, peaking at the No. 30 spot on the Billboard 200. The album also won wide critical acclaim — Entertainment Weekly declared that FILTER's "attention to melody and craft is refreshing"” while Rolling Stone praised frontman Richard Patrick as "the most expressive and daring of the new industrial rockers, the most willing to expose the vulnerability that lurks behind the jackboots and black leather trench coat." "Title Of Record" expanded 20th-anniversary edition track listing: 01. Sand 02. Welcome To The Fold 03. Captain Bligh 04. It's Gonna Kill Me 05. The Best Things 06. Take A Picture 07. Skinny 08. I Will Lead You 09. Cancer 10. I'm Not The Only One 11. Miss Blue 12. Jurassitol 13. (Can't You) Trip Like I Do 14. Take A Picture (H&H Remix) 15. The Best Things (Humble Brothers Remix) Last year, Patrick enlisted fellow original member Brian Liesegang to make a new FILTER album together. Richard has successfully led and spearheaded FILTER for the last 20 years, releasing many platinum records, including "Title of Record" and "The Almagamut". FILTER's most recent LP, "Crazy Eyes", came out in April 2016 via Wind-Up Records.
filtertitleofrecord20thanniv.jpg

Continue reading...