"Final" vocal clip, rate?

Erkan

mr-walker.bandcamp
Jun 16, 2008
Uppsala, Sweden
mr-walker.bandcamp.com
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/585020/DuckAll Vox.mp3

No bass yet, guitars are re-tracked but not edited yet, vocals are not edited either. There is some strange hiss on the new condenser mic, the vocals are kinda "smoothed" in the highs but I don't think it'll be a problem cutting out some of the 12k+ frequencies. No EQ other than high pass from 100hz and 3db high shelf boost at 5k on the vox and about 6-8db compression and a little bit of reverb. Nothing is final or mixed, it's just a quick dirty demonstration of what this guy (formerly called "Guy 1" in the comparison thread I made between the vocalists) sounds like now.

He is kind of furious on this song and makes me want to break stuff. That's good. I wonder how he'll hold up on the other "calmer" and djentier songs but I think it'll work out fine. Somehow the DIY song booth I made today, the new mic and his agreement to recording small pieces at a time improved his vocals by tenfold.

Eagerly awaiting the nay-sayers! :) Hehe all feedback is welcome of course, and as always; all feedback is good feedback!

Oh you bet your asses he can do more than furious screaming! But seriously... I don't know what happened but I didn't give up on him and now he is damn good! I feel that I have more control over HIS voice now, which is awesome. I can tell him what I want and he delivers :)

This song is one reaaaaaally mad song though so that is why there is nothing but batshit crazy rage screaming. He sings about something most of us hate and he puts down some nice emotion into it. The lyrics will of course be revealed later upon release.

I never seem to have a lack of stuff to worry about though. Now that I'm satisfied and content with his screaming I'm instead worrying about the mixing process later on. Sure, this isn't even mixed yet but when the vocals came in, the mix didn't sound like it had any "awesome" potential anymore. Oh damn, I have to snap out of it, I'm worrying in vein for nothing! I'm sure it'll be great. It has to :)

sounds fucking great.

only that he's not doing any lows in that clip, he should do some more of them to make the basic screaming parts a bit more interesting. I know he can, I've heard it :loco:

Can it be that I got used to him? :D
This or he really improoved a lot, and benefits from the new mic.
But I also want to hear more deep stuff + "wall of vocals" like stuff!
really cool now

Mmm yeah good idea Plankis, I should make the chorus a little bigger with a couple more layers. Right now there is only one layer but he doing something that similar to a call and response type of vocal thing but not quite. Anyway, I need to find room for all the layers of synths and strings etc. I hope adding more vocals to the chorus won't interfere with that :)