final word on cameras?

Jun 19, 2004
Glenn,

What is the final word on digital cameras? I'm asking because I am looking to upgrade to a Canon S2 IS (5MP, 12x optical zoom), but if that camera won't be allowed, then I can hold on the upgrading, as ProgPower is one of the most important things for me to photograph.

See you all in less than 2 months :headbang:

Digital cameras are allowed, but you can only bring in a small camera bag...not a suitcase for your gear. I will be offering VIP badges as a reward for anyone that assists security with nailing a bootlegger. I will be announcing that from the stage at the start of the show.

Furthermore, I have hired plain-clothed security whose job is to do nothing more than look for bootleggers and sweep the interior constantly.

F*ck bootleggers.

Glenn H.

as long as they know that having the LCD on doesn't necessarily mean that you're recording something... That happened to me at an Exodus show.

Yeah, that's the one problem. Lots of camera's look like they're recording when its really just the preview. I've seen some at shows that I thought were video recorders (with the side flip LCD screen) but then they take the flash and you realize its just a picture.

Hell, I went to Disney World a couple weeks ago and some guy was recording the fireworks as a video with sound on his cellphone. It's crazy...

I know I'll be looking out for it though!

Good job Glenn! You offer an exclusive type festival with the lots of perks for the fans. Last year I was about to point out a dude with a video camera when you swooped in with security. It was a sweet site I must say. I don't think you will have a problem this year at all! Bring on PPVI!

Unless something changes from past years, flash photography should be okay.

Glenn, since a lot of digital cameras have video-recording options nowadays, will people be allowed to use the video recording feature outside the actual performance hall, i.e., out in the lobby or in Vinyl in front?

Also, this may have been answered elsewhere, but is video recording allowed during the pre-party?

Just so everyone is warned, I own a Canon digital camera that has a video recording option. Everyone who knows me knows that I never read manuals and quite often am monkeying with the camera during shows not knowing what I'm doing.

I learned this last year when I thought I was getting pictures of Magistral only to find out it video-taped them.

So please don't be yanking my camera out of my hands, just say "Babs, go sit down..."

LOL

Pellaz said:
Unless something changes from past years, flash photography should be okay.

Glenn, since a lot of digital cameras have video-recording options nowadays, will people be allowed to use the video recording feature outside the actual performance hall, i.e., out in the lobby or in Vinyl in front?

Also, this may have been answered elsewhere, but is video recording allowed during the pre-party?

Same situation as the Main Stage. No Bootlegging allowed at the pre=party either only.... Just Flash Photography......

And I have a "Brute" squad also...... lol

Shane

Beholder said:
Same situation as the Main Stage. No Bootlegging allowed at the pre=party either only.... Just Flash Photography......

And I have a "Brute" squad also...... lol

Shane

haha, that's cool. Uh....please please PLEASE have someone recording it? The acoustic performances will probably be one-of-a-kind on these shores for years, maybe forever. :worship:

MetalRose said:
Babs-

I've done the same thing. I keep my camera in my pocket, and when I pull it out, it sometimes switches to VIDEO. Once I realize it, I stop it. I don't think anyone's going to bootlegging a 15 second clip of me fubling to get my camera to work. LOL.

-Metal

Oh good, now there will be two of us being told to go sit down (ha ha)!!!!!!

I agree with Pellaz. If quality is an issue........it would be awesome for you guys (organizers) to do a soundboard recording of the shows or something. There seems to be some landmark stuff happening.