Finally... DT on MySpace

i don't understand what's this whole deal with myspace.com, i don't see the point, it just looks like crippled webpage and a guest book, why is it such a big community when most of the "profiles" i saw are boring and contain nothing special :bah:

Cuthalion said:
i don't understand what's this whole deal with myspace.com, i don't see the point, it just looks like crippled webpage and a guest book, why is it such a big community when most of the "profiles" i saw are boring and contain nothing special :bah:

exhibitionism/voyeurism. it's just a couple of steps up (or down) from posting on a public forum like this one, really. what varies is the degree to which one is a - willing - victim of it.

rahvin said:
exhibitionism/voyeurism. it's just a couple of steps up (or down) from posting on a public forum like this one, really. what varies is the degree to which one is a - willing - victim of it.

Well, the why noone asks why the forum is so special? You get the same level of interaction there (and even more). Look on the bright side, and you don't have to interact with ppl you don't want to :p

And yeah, promotion tehre is a wonderful thing. All depends on how you use it.

:loco:

plintus said:
Well, the why noone asks why the forum is so special? You get the same level of interaction there (and even more). Look on the bright side, and you don't have to interact with ppl you don't want to :p

i don't know why no one asks, but if they did i'd reply that it's in fact not so special. ;) and i agree with points you make, except that on a forum online you can maintain a lesser degree of exposure, if, say, you only post on-topic and never talk about yourself.

rahvin said:
...except that on a forum online you can maintain a lesser degree of exposure, if, say, you only post on-topic and never talk about yourself.

Yeah, that's true - it's easy to keep anonymity, if you need to, but hey - most ppl are attention whores :D Or that seems so while being on mySpace for a while. :Smug:

However - it's all about how you use it (mySpace, these or any other boards), I rather mind my own business and pursue my own... eeeh, what do you usually pursue? needs, OK, and don't ask questions why anything is so special or not.

mySpace is all spoiled, may be, but from my experience - I met some really nice ppl there. So - it worked for me quite fine :D

I guess you could in that way consider all of human interaction as exhibitionism and voyeurism, though :p

I AM quite voyeuristic and exhibitionistic, in regards to people's personalities (even if they are just online personnas) and behavior. For example, thanks to MySpace I found out that if I'd come across that friend's profile instead of meeting her in real life, I would never have contacted her. It works both ways- I've met lots of people I would never have contacted in real life for whatever prejudice I had (they looked too happy, too handsome, too boring, too stuck up, etc).

Err anyway. What I'm trying to say is that there are degrees to everything, and I keep my exhibitionism degree in MySpace to the minimum (less to what I've keep it here or in my blog , for sure). And yet thanks to MySpace I've made one good friend. One normal person out of literally hundreds of that kind that has 2,357 friends in his list (and half of them are semi naked) , so I think it was worth it.

Hitori said:
I AM quite voyeuristic and exhibitionistic, in regards to people's personalities (even if they are just online personnas) and behavior. For example, thanks to MySpace I found out that if I'd come across that friend's profile instead of meeting her in real life, I would never have contacted her. It works both ways- I've met lots of people I would never have contacted in real life for whatever prejudice I had (they looked too happy, too handsome, too boring, too stuck up, etc).

if you add to the list people one would never befriend in real life because they look like they could have a blog, we've pretty much come full circle. :p