DT <--> DT

Aug 9, 2005
Canada!!!
I find it confusing how there are two bands referred to as DT... Dark Tranquillity & Dream Theater... Both are called DT. People are like "man have you heard the new DT album?" and I'm just like... "What DT?"... and they are like... "What?"... lol... gets confusing...

But Dark Tranquillity > Dream Theater anyday for me :headbang:

i really can't see this leading anywhere, but maybe that's just me. :p

just to make it all a little worse, though: some people write darkthrone as two words...

lol probably isn't leading anywhere... but I just wanted to see what people think of that :p I don't call Dream Theater DT because I don't listen to them anymore... I call Dark Tranquillity DT! But most people around here call Dream Theater DT...

THIS IS THE FINAL RESISTANCE

Well I don't use such abbreviations because of the mix-ups. I think people who use them are lazy. :D I've also seen people argue about which band the abbreviation really means, numerous times. What a fucking stupid and pointless argument. :rolleyes:

dt is out of whack
dt is very large?
dt is yr fr nd
dt is runn
dt is
dt is on the air
dt is running cedaw
dt is on
dt is not a search firm
dt is 1/ t
dt is my new favorite aug 13 '01 author's product rating feel
dt is zero
dt is taking over dispatch; the ds must be available to come to the locker promptly;
dt is the rate of absorption of heat per unit time
dt is h/ t along c
dt is being released as a
dt is available to viewers with a tuner and television capable of picking up the new digital signal
dt is now the number two wireless carrier in the world
dt is awarded the exodus preformance lab linux compatibility mark
dt is operating at an interim power level under special temporary authority from the fcc and is the first digital tv signal on the air associated with a
dt is an advanced platform
dt is negative definite
dt is a serial only terminal emulator
dt is the proper time
dt is _very_ high up in his organization
dt is the only drive through wash system equipped with the foambrite advantage
dt is a generic data test program used to verify proper operation of peripherals
dt is the entire
dt is over the air
dt is dirty
dt is a free
dt is the length
dt is being developed as an active
dt is therefore n2 = dt/t2 equation 2
dt is close to zero then the length of the vector connecting f
dt is available through the shops of both milt sparks and alessi holsters
dt is the amount of energy / volume deposited in a zone by burning
dt is running
dt is the time increment
dt is a vector
dt is the matrix of partial derivatives dt =
dt is connected to a continuous supply of compressed air
dt is given by
dt is one of the best high chairs you can purchase for your
dt is a trailblazer for new technology and innovative projects
dt is negative
dt is a product solution meant to expand a contractor’s options in the ceiling speaker market
dt is still the
dt is a tool for reachability analysis of continuous and hybrid systems with linear differential inclusions
dt is positive on the arc being considered
dt is directly proportional to dt
dt is known
dt is split according to the sub
dt is indeed a fundamental matrix
dt is less for the
dt is the rate of change of the magnetic flux
dt is commited to broadcasing hdtv programing
dt is the rate at which she recieves interest minus the rate at which she withdraws money
dt is small enough such that the probability of
dt is followed by a dd
dt is f
dt is acgal delaunay triangulation and contains the following subset of types from the concept pointsettraits and from the delaunay triangulation data type
dt is assumed small enough to make the probability of more than one
dt is tied inextricably to politics
dt is ever large
dt is typically determined empirically and expressed in terms of time
dt is the integral of the error over time and de/dt is the
dt is the rate at which water
dt is the time
dt is to demonstrate miliary pattern when chest radiographic findings are atypical or even normal
dt is located here dt is located here
dt is an electronic circuit that controls computer access and deters theft of the computer
dt is the vertical

This Dark Tranquillity is officially lower-cased. :p

well i guess at a dark tranquillity forum, whenever you say DT people will know you're referring to dark tranquillity, whereas DT will mean dream theater at a dream theater forum...

... yes thats my brilliant input :p

What an irony: encountered DT (theatre's) abbreviation exactly yesterday... all this fuss is about Gigantour, foo shoo... no confusion: OUR dt is abbreviated in lower case :)

Devin Townsend occasionally gets confused in there too..

I never abreviate DT in lower case :confused: Maybe I should... But yeah, I instinctively just write DT when I'm churning out random fandomisms. So sometimes people think I'm on about dream theater too. It's slightly fruhstrating, but weird that bands seem to like those initials.

Back in the days of old someone actually suggested people should use DTq as an abreviation for Dark Tranquillity to eliminate such confusions. I don't think too many people ever used it.

-Villain :)lol: at Rahvin)

rahvin said:
elsewhere on the internet, some use "dt" and "dt (the talented band)" to tell them apart.
Because nothing is more talented than playing a million notes a second.
*sigh*
Such dislike for Dream Theater everywhere. Can't find no fitting smiley to put after that sentence...but I slammed Octavarium to the lowest pits of hell as well. It's just that when it's me it doesn't matter (, because I love the band (or maybe just the good albums) anyway).

TheFourthHorseman said:
Because nothing is more talented than playing a million notes a second.

i have no idea about that. i don't think dt ever played a million notes a second, but if they did, i wasn't there. as for liking other fast music, i suppose i do when it's not boring, same as with liking slow songs.

of course, this is an example of confusion between the two dt's, making the thread all the more worthwile. :D

rahvin said:
i have no idea about that. i don't think dt ever played a million notes a second, but if they did, i wasn't there. as for liking other fast music, i suppose i do when it's not boring, same as with liking slow songs.
It was only a poor jest anyhow. Merely wanted to reverse the suggestion that Dark Tranquillity was "the talented band", and Dream Theater's musical provess is generally the reason they're hailed, at least by musicians.

TheFourthHorseman said:
It was only a poor jest anyhow. Merely wanted to reverse the suggestion that Dark Tranquillity was "the talented band", and Dream Theater's musical provess is generally the reason they're hailed, at least by musicians.

aaah, got it. so i had, in fact, completely misunderstood the reference, like hyena said. sorry for the additional confusion. i can but hope that no band going by the name of "dark theater" will ever become popular in metal.