Another DT

FatherVic

MasterMelon
Oct 10, 2001
trollcave
Hey ppl.....
just wanted to say for those who are fans from the two DT (dark tranquillity and dream theater(well I'm now fan of another DT, devin townsend)) that the new song leaked and it's amazing...
and this deserved to phyros, even I don't know you like them, but since you hurt me so hard about the live performance you attended of Shadow Duet

Important note about 2nd Dream Theater show in Barcelona
(Tour)

Of the two shows in Barcelona, Spain, Pain of Salvation
will only be opening at the first show. The second night
will be a VERY SPECIAL evening with Dream Theater with
no opening act!

February 18th - Spain, Barcelona - Razzmatazz
February 19th - Spain, Barcelona - Razzmatazz

guess who has tickets for both nights :)
and |ngenius has too I think

YOOOOOOO NO PUEDO ESPERAAAAAAAR PARA VERTEEEEEEEEEE, AMOR MIOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! MIKEEEE VEN A TOCARME LA BATERÍAAAA!

Translation: I can't wait to see ya, my dear! Mike, come and play my drums!

Yeah, I've got the two tickets to see Mike Portnoy exclusively. And Jordan Rudess. Special show... It smells like they'll record another live CD here!

Well YOU PERVERT!
Aheem... I will calm down...:)= Anyway... Yes... I _DO_ like both D.T... AND I _WOULD_ like to see ém in Barcelona, ´specially when:
The second night will be a VERY SPECIAL evening with Dream Theater with no opening act!

So, then... You made ME bleedin´jealous...:) Anyway, I will be in Italy then, so I guess I will be happy anyway...:)

-I´m out-

hmm... i can't understand why everyone loves dt (dream t of course) that much. ok, portnoy is a crack on drums, as may be the others (i dunno). but what i've heard so far sounds like some 80's rock stuff a la van halen or such. i really had to laugh when i put on one of their songs for the first time. wait i'll look up the name...
"surrounded" from "images and words"

wuhahaha

:tickled:

sorry, i just put it on again.
no offense.

I'd take Dark Tranquillity over Dream Theater any day... But still, dream theater has done some cool stuff... things like Metropolis, Pull Me Under, Learning To Live, Mirror/Lie, Space Dye Vest and A Change Of Seasons.
Their new song rules too...

Originally posted by VultureCulture
hmm... i can't understand why everyone loves dt (dream t of course) that much. ok, portnoy is a crack on drums, as may be the others (i dunno). but what i've heard so far sounds like some 80's rock stuff a la van halen or such.
no offense.

heheh what more can i say?????
I agree:D hehe
well,first the confession about everybody's favorite Archetype,now this.....people will start hating me.... :rolleyes:

anyway,I've had traumatic experiences with DreamT...wasted many hours listening and listening to their Cds trying to find out what's so special with them....
maybe i'm sort of a masochist :eek:

btw,Phyre do you like Plaguewielder?

ehmmmmm well (I'm counting up to one hundred in order to calm myself down) vulture and mel if you're not that mature to listen to good music is not my problem but hey just tell me you're jelous (as phyros so gently did ;P), that's what I want to hear :loco:
nah! now seriously....I understand some ppl can't find the WHAT with DreamT but just try to listen at each single touch, the complexity of the song, the superb guitar, bass, drums and keyboards and the incredibly live performances...Just another dimension on music. Even I'm still loving my Dark Guardian and Blind Tranquillity over all ;P

well, good to realize i'm not alone with my opinion :D
but i must confess i listened to very much blind guardian (often referred to as BeeGees :lol: ), but that was rather because i used to be in all that roleplaying stuff at that time. but hey, tastes differ, elseways it all would be annoying.
so prost!

:cry:
first he doesn't like Dream Theater....now he laughs at Blind Guardian capital letters...what will be next??? saying Tolkien should had never have learnt to write????
sniff sniff

you're bad vulture, bad 'n evil with me....

Vulture, attack by the side of Coke and Doritos! And don't forget to mention his cocaine addiction! And remember Master Melon adores the Devil!

i don't like dream theater that much, either. i can stand images and words, and i think space-dye vest from awake is a wonderful song, but that's all there is to it for me.

stay assured that i do try to listen to the complexity, and that's exactly why i find dream theater such a total bore: all their songs seem to be there just to show what cool guitar solos and stuff they can come up with. ok, now i know they can play, and i happen to like intricate patterns in their own right, but - hey - 10 minutes songs with a few flat verses and all sorts of difficult riffs in the inbetween just make me want to sleep or skip the track. all the more, i don't like their 'big music star' status: it seems quite an international sport to spend words of praise for every 'inspired' 5' guitarwork by those guys and to me it's all a bit over the top.

rahvin.