Finally finished writing/recording this - suggestions on the mix?

Sam Bottner

Jul 18, 2010
Chicago
I posted part of this before, but I finished the song now and made a lot of improvements with the mix.

Guitars are TSS and Revalver, drums are shortcircuit with my own snare (blended with a few others) and splash samples and I can't really remember where the other samples came from, although I'm pretty sure the kick is Machinehead's. Bass is 4Front, but hopefully I'll actually record it sometime soon.

Any suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated.

EDIT: NEW MIX WITH REAL BASS

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7071005/Demo9.mp3

the guitars and Bas sound nice man, the kicks are putting me on the fence.. and YOUR SNARE sounds a tiny bit soft for my ears.. but other than that it sounds really cool man. Nice and tight.

Oh yeah the main cymbal.. was it a china? In the start.. it sounds a little weird also. :D Both yeah.. other than a soft snare, not powerful enough kicks and a weird china.. it sounds awesome man.

I knew you'd give me shit for the snare haha - the cymbal samples are pretty much all terrible, but they're the best ones I have (except for the splash and bell which I made and sound awesome IMO). By powerful kick, do you mean more low end? I've been meaning to fix that.

I realized the kick velocities were at around 100 so I brought them up to 127 and it sounds much better, also replaced the china, but I may go back to what I had with that.