Finally (Revolution Renaissance songs with Gus Monsanto on vox)

You mean after all the grief that Tolkki gave Frontiers over the last year that this is actually seeing the light of day? :lol:

I will just stick with the new Strato with Kotipelto and the rest of the guys, because sounding like Kotipelto is no easy task and when the songs were originally meant for him it just sounds weird. It's like Ripper and Barlow singing each others stuff, not awful, but doesn't sound like it should. It was the same with Gus singing Adagio stuff, just didn' work for me because David Readman is a different singer and a better singer in my opinion. Replacing amazing singers is hard to do, it can be done, but it is hard, especially when they try doing the previous material that wasn't intended for there voices. I still can't listen to any other version of Revoltuon Rennaisance than the demos with Kotipelto, the only way to hear the material for the musicians in mind, and also hunting high and low re-recorded just doesn't sound that great to me either, but that is one of my favs from Strato, so hard to top that version.

I will just stick with the new Strato with Kotipelto and the rest of the guys, because sounding like Kotipelto is no easy task and when the songs were originally meant for him it just sounds weird. It's like Ripper and Barlow singing each others stuff, not awful, but doesn't sound like it should. It was the same with Gus singing Adagio stuff, just didn' work for me because David Readman is a different singer and a better singer in my opinion. Replacing amazing singers is hard to do, it can be done, but it is hard, especially when they try doing the previous material that wasn't intended for there voices. I still can't listen to any other version of Revoltuon Rennaisance than the demos with Kotipelto, the only way to hear the material for the musicians in mind, and also hunting high and low re-recorded just doesn't sound that great to me either, but that is one of my favs from Strato, so hard to top that version.

Agreed as far as substituting an amazing singer, although I think Gustavo did a good job with Adagio and could do just as well in RR. I am very curious to hear the original RR demos with Kotipelto on it though, where can I get a hold of that?

It is hard to listen to "Hunting High & Low", one of my favs with another singer, sorry. That was just rough to listen to. I don't think Kotipelto is the greatest singer but I guess I am just so used to his voice on Strato stuff, so why is RR trying to re-record Strato stuff?? Can't Tolkki come up with some new material that isn't associated with his old band?? He isn't going to win me over if he keeps doing that.

It is hard to listen to "Hunting High & Low", one of my favs with another singer, sorry. That was just rough to listen to. I don't think Kotipelto is the greatest singer but I guess I am just so used to his voice on Strato stuff, so why is RR trying to re-record Strato stuff?? Can't Tolkki come up with some new material that isn't associated with his old band?? He isn't going to win me over if he keeps doing that.

As far as I know, they didn't re-record old Stratovarius stuff to keep the Strato connection. After downloading the songs with Gus off RR's official website, I noticed that on the tracks, the information says "Demo." I'm assuming these are just demo tracks to showcase Gus in the band and Hunting High And Low as some sort of little bonus. I may be totally wrong though.

I didn't think it was rough at all, I actually find interesting to see newer singer doing "classics." It's fun, adds a fresh twist to the songs without offending anyone. There are some interpretations by new singer to older songs that I find better than the originals (not necessarily this one in particular).

You mean after all the grief that Tolkki gave Frontiers over the last year that this is actually seeing the light of day? :lol:
This is a new CD he's written since the Frontier days. The demos are on his new website, launched yesterday.

Maybe Gus will sound better on the new stuff and anything recorded at a higher level. I'm having trouble with Hunting High & Low. He does indeed sound strained to me.

I'm in the Adadio Gus >> RR Gus camp right now.

Gus sounds amazing on Dominate, but I didn't think he pulled off the Readman stuff as well as I was hoping. I was dissappointed, very much so, when I found out Readman wasn't performing with Adagio at progpower, but I wouldn't have been upset if Dominate was out at that time and they did that material, but just how things are these days with band members playing musical chairs.

Finally Revolution Renaissance posted the songs with Gus Monsanto singing. After listening to this, I'm actually enjoying it a lot because of his vocals. I still think most of the songwriting in the album is a bit generic, but it's cool to hear Gus making the songs a lot fresher. Also, he kicks ass in Hunting High and Low! :headbang:

http://www.revolution-renaissance.com/index.php?section=media_music
Way cool! Will they re-release the album with the newly recorded vocals? I loved the original mixes a lot, however.