Timo Tolkki Announces New Singer!

In a big way. I never understood the hype around Tuomas or any of his bands.
? There's really only been one. He's been a hired gun prior and damn young before.

Gus gives validity to this project that was lacking before, imo. Still wondering if this will play out. Good luck to all involved. Therapy is a given. I see more drama (and less validity) on the horizon.

I think this will become the next Finnish soap opera. I see Timo and Gus duking it out soon. My guess is that Gus will stick around for 6 months before being so pissed off that he leaves and goes elsewhere. Either that, or Timo fires Gus and looks for someone else.

I think this will become the next Finnish soap opera. I see Timo and Gus duking it out soon. My guess is that Gus will stick around for 6 months before being so pissed off that he leaves and goes elsewhere. Either that, or Timo fires Gus and looks for someone else.

Or it'll be a match made in Heaven. Gus is so even-tempered that he could probably tolerate Tolki's antics far longer than most :lol:

Fanboy much?

Fanboy? Maybe. But, the truth hurts. Tolkki's best days were before "Elements". And, since he needs to be in control, even if Monsanto wants to offer writing assistance, Triple T will blow it off as he did with TKO.

At least Jes, er, Tuomas listens to his band mates and lets them contribute their writing expertise. And, I am convinced that the addition of Marco made Tuomas a BETTER creative force than he was in the early days.:worship:notworthy

Fanboy? Maybe. But, the truth hurts. Tolkki's best days were before "Elements". And, since he needs to be in control, even if Monsanto wants to offer writing assistance, Triple T will blow it off as he did with TKO.

At least Jes, er, Tuomas listens to his band mates and lets them contribute their writing expertise. And, I am convinced that the addition of Marco made Tuomas a BETTER creative force than he was in the early days.:worship:notworthy
I have to agree for the most part. I think TT has suffered creatively either due to his illness or the subsequent medication or just stagnation from trying to recapture the same magic with the old formula. Collaboration is one of the best ways to shake it off, but since he refuses to listen to anyone elses ideas, he's unable to write anything fresh and innovative prior to this split. Hopefully, that will change with this new grouping, since he surely has had plenty of creativity in the past.

I'm also hopeful that the other guys, with the influence of another great guitarist who has some ability in composing can created something new and exciting. I can think of a lot of musicians that would really add something dynamic.