Timo Tolkki ( Stratovarius ) commiting Suicide possibly?

Apr 10, 2004
[ STRATOVARIUS webmaster Fred Derf has posted the following message on the band's official web site:

"Unfortunately I have received news that Timo Tolkki was hospitalized on April 10th due to suicidal feelings and chronic depression.

"He is currently being treated in Mehiläinen, a private hospital in Helsinki, Finland.

"If anyone wants to send recovery wishes to Timo, you can send them directly to timorecovery@stratovarius.com or you can use the ready made form we have made. You can find the below.

"All the recovery wishes will be delivered to Timo to the hospital." ]

This information taken from www.blabbermouth.net

Well I like to personally send my get well wishes to Timo Tolkki and hope he gets better and keeps Stratovarius going.

This shit would have never happened if it were for

1. Fans sending Timo Death threats
2. Fans giving Timo Tolkki shit for the recent changes in Stratovarius.
3. Also that incident in Spain's Piorno fest where he was stabbed and almost killed.

Sure the changes of kicking Timo Kotipelto and Jorg Micheal sucks but thats just the way some bands are ya know? People call him a asshole for it. He is not!! I'm just surprised how some of the fans are just treating him and really upsets me. Yngwie Malmsteen has always been a asshole and how come nobody has done this shit to him? Timo Tolkki probably would have never acted the way he is if it weren't for the fans giving him shit. Plus what kind of a sick minded person would go out of his way to take a shit in a zip lock bag to send to him and new vocalist Miss K. ? That person should fuckin take a shit on himself!! It makes me also sick that some fans think he deserved what happened to him in Spain. I perfer Timo Kotipelto and Jorg Micheal in the band myself but I'm actually goin to be the first probably to give new vocalist Miss K. a chance. If those people were to just at least wait till they heard new Stratovarius with Miss K. then it would probably be more acceptable then. Anyways I like to send my wishes to Timo Tolkki here!

Agreed. I loved Koti and Jorg too, but for pete's sake...IT'S A BAND. It's insane the amount of hate it generated...

Also, blabbermouth is crap for people expressing sympathy.. Read the comments on that news post...it's f'in sick...people are laughing at Tolkki...

This is why the world is so messed up

Thrashtilldeath666 said:
Timo Tolkki probably would have never acted the way he is if it weren't for the fans giving him shit. Plus what kind of a sick minded person would go out of his way to take a shit in a zip lock bag to send to him and new vocalist Miss K. ?
:lol: x 1000000

Talk about giving him shit in the literal sense. I wonder if that went UPS?

If anybody wants to give Tolkki more shit, they should send him Kotipelto's latest album.

JayKeeley said:
:lol: x 1000000

Talk about giving him shit in the literal sense. I wonder if that went UPS?

If anybody wants to give Tolkki more shit, they should send him Kotipelto's latest album.

I haven't heard The new Kotipelto album yet. How is it? :headbang:

Thrashtilldeath666 said:
I haven't heard The new Kotipelto album yet. How is it? :headbang:

It's boring as hell. Tolkki may be a repulsive bastard who also happens to be going batshit insane, but at least his music was a lot catchier and more interesting than Kotipelto's.

Waa Waa , this guy is a joke IMO.

Go shit some more chains why dont ya.

Hes gonna start a new music genre.

Power Mental.

Bat-shit insane? That's funny! :loco:

The guy's a knob...a complete joke.

You gotta be really pissed off, to take the time and effort, to put your poo in a ziplock and fed-ex it to someone. I wonder if he had to sign for the shit?

Thrashtilldeath666 said:
[Timo Tolkki probably would have never acted the way he is if it weren't for the fans giving him shit.

I think it's pretty obvious now that there are three principal reasons for Timo's behavior, and they are not fan-driven.

1) He is an admitted alcoholic and seems to be proud of getting very drunk (read his posts). The remainder of the band are also alcoholics and seemingly proud of it (see the "Intermission" CD jacket photos with the guys posing drunk in their underwear). :ill:

2) He suffers from chronic depression, quite likely due to his traumatic childhood. :erk:

3) He mixes anti-depressants with alcohol (a depressant). :ill:

IMO, the above have caused him to loose his sensibilities regarding what is appropriate to say in this business and how to react to criticism among other things. I don't recall him ever being like this prior to the Elements CDs. It's obvious he needs to be hospitalized and under watch to make sure he keeps away from the booze and takes the proper medications so he can start to think more clearly. The past year has proved he cannot do it on his own.

I agree with Fiddler here-- Timo has the ability on the internet to voice a lot of feelings that normally should stay inside his head- Think if we were able to hear Syd Barrett, Roky Erikson, Skip Spence etc, on a weekly basis as they deteriorated after schizoprenia and LSD inspired madness. Alcohol and depression is not too different- especially with the chemicals he is taking to supposedly modulate his moods. I sympathize w/ him and hopefully he gets the help he needs and continues to make good music. I will take his solo stuff over Kotipeltos any day

I would agree that it's a problem and he needs help but for the fact that the Stratovarius management keeps milking every single off-kilter Tolkki incident for a sensationalistic press release that seems tailor-made to generate buzz about the band and/or the new album.

THis leads me to firmly believe it's all a stupid publicity stunt. No sympathy from me, sorry.

Ryan

Music Is Not Everything Ask Jason Becker.you Should All Quit Your Day Job And Become Therapist.judging Is The Cancer Of Society.we Told To Others What Suits Us The Better,and If You Think That Somebodys Behavior Could Lead Him To Self Destruction And You Do Nothing To Help Them,well,if You Can Live With That,it Possibly Means That All You Care Is Your Pity Selfish "i Know Everything And Do Nothing With It" Person.

Congratulations rebelkid, that's one of the most incoherent posts I've ever seen. You're right though, we should be helping Tolkki get through this dark chapter in his life. I'll call him up tomorrow and see what's going on, maybe I can convince him to come over to my place for a while. We'll have a couple beers, watch the Yankees/Red Sox games, have a grand time. I'm sure he'll break out of his depression in no time, with our help.

rebelkid said:
Music Is Not Everything Ask Jason Becker.you Should All Quit Your Day Job And Become Therapist.judging Is The Cancer Of Society.we Told To Others What Suits Us The Better,and If You Think That Somebodys Behavior Could Lead Him To Self Destruction And You Do Nothing To Help Them,well,if You Can Live With That,it Possibly Means That All You Care Is Your Pity Selfish "i Know Everything And Do Nothing With It" Person.

What?! Try that again one more time. Sorry, you lost me mid way through. Do we have a translater on this board?

Rebelkid's right. I AM going to do something. I AM going to quit my day job and devote the rest of my life to helping Timo Tolkki. At this point, it sounds like a full time job, so I guess I already have the rest of my life figured out.

The rest of you should be jealous...

Although...I can't believe that I wasted all that time getting an education and this is what I'm going to end up doing for the rest of my life. If I had only known...what a waste of time. I mean, look at Rebelkid...he obviously hasn't received any formal education and he seems to have it all figured out, I think (it's hard to tell through all the gibberish). I mean, just check out his profile...he's a "non-self genius," (whatever that is, but it sounds pretty cool!). And...if life on the streets of Springfield has taught him anything, well...it's taught him to masturbate. It hasn't taught him to spell "masturbate," but it has taught him how to enrich and fulfill his life doing that.

Man...to finally see the light...wow!...(sigh)...

Rock on, brothers!

Evergrey said:
What a soap opera, i feel bad for him but he has created a lot of the madness.
Indeed. It's amazing what lunacy such self destructive behavior induces. Why do you think Kotipelto got out of that dysfuntional circle jerk? And, oddly enough, we are expected to feel sympathy for those who willingly choose to drink/drug themselves into stupor. Sorry. My compassion is reserved for real victims. Innocent babies stricken with cancer. Entire villages of peasant farmers wiped out by carpet bombing. Not people with more money than sense who throw away a perfectly vital career through self inflicted abuse. It's really hard for me to work up much feeling.

ashaman7122 said:
Rebelkid's right. I AM going to do something. I AM going to quit my day job and devote the rest of my life to helping Timo Tolkki. At this point, it sounds like a full time job, so I guess I already have the rest of my life figured out.

The rest of you should be jealous...

Although...I can't believe that I wasted all that time getting an education and this is what I'm going to end up doing for the rest of my life. If I had only known...what a waste of time. I mean, look at Rebelkid...he obviously hasn't received any formal education and he seems to have it all figured out, I think (it's hard to tell through all the gibberish). I mean, just check out his profile...he's a "non-self genius," (whatever that is, but it sounds pretty cool!). And...if life on the streets of Springfield has taught him anything, well...it's taught him to masturbate. It hasn't taught him to spell "masturbate," but it has taught him how to enrich and fulfill his life doing that.

Man...to finally see the light...wow!...(sigh)...

Rock on, brothers!
rofl.gif

Actually, it would only take one therapy session to cure or fix Tollki. When he walks in, you just slap the shit out of him. That should be all the therapy he needs...a big dose of grow the fuck up.