Finally some concerts again... Sacred Reich !

carnut

\m/
Apr 29, 2004
Helgium
Well, I haven't been around much lately. Mainly have been catching up with work after being "out" a few months. Front garden looks like new, painted the whole inside of the house, etc..last weeks have been busy selling and buying some rides, so not too much concerts and music past months...
Tonight finally another gig; Sacred Reich. Going to see them with Hawk in the Dynamo club in Holland. They played in Belgium yesterday and people that were there said it was one of the best oldschool Thrash concerts ever...on the 15th I'm going to see Queensryche, and in november the whole train gets rolling again. September must have some good concerts here every 2 days :loco: So, that's it, I'll post some comments on the gig tomorrow! :headbang:

saw em at the scala in london on sunday,and they fucking ruled all,definatly one of the best old school thrash sets i've seen since the glory days of the late 80's.fucking great stuff.death squad,surf nicaragua,american way.fucking awsome!!!!!!!!

Cool! Saw them back in '89 or '90 - was a sick show back then!! It does my heart good to see the old guard alive, active and well!

Don't know if there was another thread on them in OS but i had posted that i saw them back in 1990 opening for Pantera at Roseland in NYC... awesome band and easily one of my fave thrash bands...

As far as I can make out this was just a short reunion tour, 4 gigs or so , and than it's finished again. Well, if so, I am very happy to have seen them live again. But I can't imagine they would turn down gigs after such a response from fans. The atmosphere in the Dynamo club was excellent, big 1980's Thrash flashback :)

I do hope they come back with a vengeance (albums, tours etc.) like Death Angel and Exodus did... perhaps they did these 4 gigs to test the waters and see if there is a interest in them by metal fans of today...

If anyone wonders why the Dynamo club has such a good reputation, watch this clip from Sacred Reich in Dynamo!

Last edited by a moderator:
wow... time has not been kind to him.. he hasn't aged well.. i remember how he was like a skinny kid back in the day... but they can still kick ass though... that clip reminded me of my Sundance/Bayshore,NY days...

I remember seeing them with Genetorturers, and Danzig. Of course I was there for S.R. Anyway, I jumped up onstage to dive off during the Song "The Way It Is" (back in 93)and as I dove off the stage, my body started flip over, because the guys that were going to catch me made a last second half -hearted attempt to catch me....I don't know how, but I landed on my feet! No joke1 And I remember in the middle of his singing, Phil started laughing....Of course,I strutted off like I meant to land like that! Earlier that afternoon, they did an in store signing. Real layed back cool guys!!