Finally! The new Veni Domine available.

The Fiddler

Just Do It.
Nov 27, 2002
Heaven and Hell
For those of you who aren't familiar with the Sweedish band, Veni Domine, they are a progressive/doom band that focus on setting many of the darkest stories of the bible to music (revelation, armegeddon, judgement, etc.,). They excel at creating dark, atmospheric soundscapes inspired by the fall of man into the abyss. This certainly isn't happy music, and it isn't all that catchy - but that's not their goal (although I'd love some catchier songs from this band).

Despite the heavy doom influnce in many of their songs, the vocals are always crystal clear and top-notch. Fans of classic Geoff Tate will love this band's frontman. Guitars are also very well done, although the riffs are more slow and lofty than fast and fist-pounding. This certainly isn't power metal and I wouldn't recommend it for fans of the Helloween and associated genres.

After a monumental 7 year wait since their last CD, Spiritual Wasteland, the band has released their fourth disc, "IIII - The Album of Labour". IIII is a blend of their previous three discs, "Fall, Babylon Fall", "Material Sanctuary", and "Spiritual Wasteland". Fans of the first three discs will not be disappointed with the new CD. It's not as progressive as FBF, but not as doomy as MS.FBF is still my favorite release by this band.

The band has posted soundclips from the new cd at their website. If you like your prog with a slow dreamy doom base and smooth, melodic vocals, check out the soundclips posted on their website at www.venidomine.com. Solitude Aeturnus is about the only band that Veni Domine reminds me of.