Finn Brothers at Opera House tomorrow night

Spruce Goose

Then Goose me up woman!
Apr 17, 2001
Sydney
scholar.uws.edu.au~13326874
Yep... Going to see em at the Sydney Opera house Tuesday night. Should be great. I've never been inside the OH before so I'm looking forward to that, let alone the finns. I hope they do the old classics as it is the first time I will have seen them. I don't mind their latest album together.. Love the song Edible Flowers.

Any other fans?

Was a brilliant show. Really great. Their harmonies are incredible. Obviously Neil has the better voice and can hit the higher notes, but I love the way Tims voice has a deeper richness and kinda fills out Neils. Bloody Great.

Highlights of the night included a stripped back, slower version of Message to My Girl which was very moving.. 6 months in a Leaky Boat with extended ending was alot of fun... Edible Flowers, which is my favorite off their latest album 'Everyone is here'. I love the vocal harmonies in this one.

BUT

The absolute highlight was the 2nd encore when the 2 finns and band walked back on stage. Neil strapped on his acoustic and said he's been thinking of Paul Hester all night. Crowd cheers... Neil says into the mike 'Can we turn off the PA please.. I want you to sing this with me....' Then he busted into a totally unplugged, un microphoned rendition of 4 seasons in one day with the entire Opera House singing along with him. It was so moving and beautiful.. He stopped singing at the 'Blood drys up like Rain' part and it was just the crowd singing.. He looked to be very moved... Then Tim joined in on the grand piano and the drummer joined in with some light brush work for the piano solo part. Was truely amazing. Had a tear in the eye I did.