Fireforce - some classic metal from belgium

carnut

\m/
Apr 29, 2004
Helgium
Fireforce is a "new" band, coming out of the ashes of Double Diamond, a band some of you maybe know. Fireforce recorded a new album that will come out in March. They play some good old school Heavy Metal. I heard some parts of it and it sounds damn good.
Here is a song from their demo called "Born to Play Metal"

Last edited by a moderator:
Quite enjoyable. It does sound a little bit on the generic side. But not in a bad way. In a nostalgia is awesome kinda way.

I have the same idea by this song, the new songs though seems to be sounding more up to date, a little more complicated but still oldschool. We'll see when the CD comes out.

Quite enjoyable. It does sound a little bit on the generic side. But not in a bad way. In a nostalgia is awesome kinda way.
A little on the generic side?? It's completely generic. From the band's name to the song's title to the music itself. One more of the thousands of same-sounding european bands who are using the "true metal" excuse to just rehash what has been done to death.
I'm being harsh, I know, and you might say "if you feel this way, what the hell are you doing on the old school board?" Well, being old school is one thing, but mediocre songs are quite another.

I like it! Not something very special, but decent!

carnut, do you know what happened with a band from Belgium called Desparation? I have not heard news of them for a while.

I like it! Not something very special, but decent!

carnut, do you know what happened with a band from Belgium called Desparation? I have not heard news of them for a while.

I think I saw their last live gig, they had trouble to keep the line up together. Will ask and let you know.

@Orfanos; Desperation are recording new songs and searching for a bass player now.

Here's a new video from Fireforce's upcoming album, much different from the first video as you can hear !

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrbzaNvxzos&feature=feedu[/ame]