gimme some ideas!

tedvanfrehley

Your Favorite Uncle
May 28, 2003
the bluegrass state
Visit site
I'm calling all of you to help me spend my Best Buy gift cards! haha Anyways, what are some good recommendations/must haves that will become instant classics that I can't get out of my cd player for months? I'm looking for some good metal in the realms of Maiden, King Diamond (I want to get THEM or THE EYE) Testament, and Slayer...old school metal. What about ARMORED SAINT? I saw the new 3 disc set for like $14.99...a deal for 3 discs, but I haven't heard much of them...help me out!
Ted

ps...Feel free to name anything, even from the above bands, as I may be missing that classic disc... i.e. the first Maiden album...I need that. Just throw anything down!

I hear that the best of the Pet Shop Boys is a hot item...lol

Seriously, see if you can find Manilla Road's "Crystal Logic". Its from way back in '86 I think, though I doubt if you will find it at Best Buy, but you never know. It you do find it, the best track is "Riddle Master". Great tune...

Armored Saint's best disc to me is "Symbol of Salvation" and it was remastered in 2003.

You might also want to check out Pagans Mind "Celestial Entrance." It isn't exactly oldschool, but there are samples on bestbuy.com It is an instant classic.

Bryant

Well I mostly listen to metal/ hard rock in the car, and I can insert 6 cds at the same time. Normally I exchange them every couple of days, but there are 2 that seriously haven´t beed replaced since months: Scorpions - Blackout and Hanoi Rocks - Back to Mystery City.

Cheerz

Best Buy sometimes carry surprises (not good prices, but since you have a gift card who cares?)

Bands I know they have:

Iron Maiden: "Piece of Mind", "Killers"
Testament: "Low", "The Gathering", "The New Order", "The Legacy"
Armored Saint: "March Of The Saint", "Symbol Of Salvation"

Other stuff you may want to check (if available):

Metal Church: "Bleesing In Disguise", "The Human Factor"
Blind Guardian: "Imaginations From The Other Side", "Somewhere Far Beyond", "A Night At The Opera", "Nightfall In Middle-Earth"
Motorhead: "Overkill", "Rock'N'Roll", "Bastards"
Tarot: "suffer Our Pleasures"
Taraxacum: "Rainmaker"
Demon: "Night Of The Demon", "The Plague"
Meliah Rage: any of the three albums

And if you find any of the NEAT Records reissues of Avenger, Blitzkrieg, Jaguar go for it! Excellent NWOBHM

The most recent DIO Live DVD is pretty awesome.
Funny too. Dio includes a Tenacious D bit where Jack Black does a
parody. That's pretty funny. Dio sounds awesome.