Maiden, Bruce & Blaze US sales numbers (since 1991). VERY SOFT.

The BLAZE albums didn't get proper distro over there til last year...maybe the year before. They'd've probably received next to zero promotion as well :(

It's going to be interesting to see where BLAZE go in the future, actually, seeing how Mr Bayley is the only permanent member left right now. Hmmm...

I wonder what the sales numbers are from the 80's. I bet they are way higher. But that was before "soundscan".

Greeno said:
I wonder what the sales numbers are from the 80's. I bet they are way higher. But that was before "soundscan".

Well, I know that SIT sold almost three million in the U.S. alone, and I would garner a guess that TNOTB is right up there as well.

They have sold over 55 million albums overall so the totals for the albums through 1992 must all be pretty high.

SoundMaster said:
http://www.bravewords.com/news.html?id=23139

Check out these dreadfully soft American sales numbers for Maiden, Bruce's solo discs & Blaze's solo discs.

These are ONLY from 1991 to the present day.
Kind of suprising to see that "Live After Death" is their biggest selling disc.

I also find it hard to believe that the Blaze records have only sold in the hundreds here in America.

Live After Death you have to remember was a reissue from 1985... the Bruce albums will always outsell anything else.. and Live has all the classic Maiden songs from the 80's up to the Powerslave album.. Blaze era Maiden isnt very well liked here in the U.S. so the numbers dont surprise me...

Walter_Langkowski said:
Pretty sad to see that a piece of junk like Fear Of The Dark has sold 421,786 copies and a masterpiece like The Chemical Wedding has only sold 41,363.

It's all in the promotion and marketing.

Well said. Fear of the Dark is the largest blemish on the mighty face of Maiden. Dismal album.

Walter_Langkowski said:
Pretty sad to see that a piece of junk like Fear Of The Dark has sold 421,786 copies and a masterpiece like The Chemical Wedding has only sold 41,363.

Aye. "Chemical Wedding" is better than any Maiden album since 1988. I still don't understand (besides $$$) why Bruce left a brilliant career to come back to IM.

Wyvern said:
Aye. "Chemical Wedding" is better than any Maiden album since 1988. I still don't understand (besides $$$) why Bruce left a brilliant career to come back to IM.

Indeed. I think that I was the only person on the planet who wasn't overly excited when it was announced that Bruce was going back to the gang. And yeah, part of it was because of the aborted CW U.S. tour (w/Anthrax) that never happened. But it was also because I thought that CW could not be topped by Maiden in the year 2000. And unfortunately, I was right.

AOB & CW lineup= top five overall band lineup EVER (IMO). :headbang:

Walter_Langkowski said:
AOB & CW lineup= top five overall band lineup EVER (IMO). :headbang:

Right! We were discussing that today on the TMG chat. When Adrian Smith joint Bruce band I was like crazy, as good as TCW is still can't top AOB for me. Everytime I hear 'Taking The Queen', 'Darkside Of Aquarius', 'Accident Of Birth' , 'Arc Of Space' is pure lust.

I wasn't excited with Bruce leaving his carrer for Maiden and like you the dissapointment is great (worse after DOD). My only hope is that Bruce decides to do another album with Roy Z, the rest of the Gypsies and Adrian just to show he can do it right.

Wyvern said:
I wasn't excited with Bruce leaving his carrer for Maiden and like you the dissapointment is great (worse after DOD). My only hope is that Bruce decides to do another album with Roy Z, the rest of the Gypsies and Adrian just to show he can do it right.

Hear hear!
I always saw last two Bruce's albums as a sort of modernized Iron Maiden, with the all recognizable guitar harmonies, but with a different sound and approach to songwriting. Imagine what success would those 2 albums have if they were released under Iron Maiden monicker... o_O
That doesn't make them any less of the masterpieces they in fact are... :worship:
I eagerly await Bruce's next record, except for TM he hasn't let me down yet...

SickBoy said:
Hear hear!
I always saw last two Bruce's albums as a sort of modernized Iron Maiden, with the all recognizable guitar harmonies, but with a different sound and approach to songwriting. Imagine what success would those 2 albums have if they were released under Iron Maiden monicker...
That doesn't make them any less of the masterpieces they in fact are...
I eagerly await Bruce's next record, except for TM he hasn't let me down yet...
Well said, I agree with every word :)