swine's picks

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
Here's some must haves, I picked these Queensryche discs over the last couple of weeks:
Empire & Operation:Mindcrime, the reissues are fantastic, they have added bonus tracks & liners that improve an already classic disc! Pick these up, you will not be disappointed!:p

Operation Mindcrime Happens to be the only Ryche Album I own But it is an amazing album very good .... And well hell if sixx says its good then its gotta be I will have to look up these Reissues

Mindcrime is my ALL-TIME FAVORITE ALBUM!!!! Queensryche is one of my all-time favorite bands...i love these guys, and with the exception of Q2K, can do no wrong. Oh, sixxswine...have you checked out their "Rage For Order" album? If not, i totally recommend it, especially if you like Mindcrime and Empire.

Operation: Mindcrime is in my opinion the best concept metal album of all time. It was Queensryche's finest hour and they have never even come close to repeating it. Be sure to check out Operation: Livecrime also which is the live performance ot the entire album.

desert_demon said:
Operation: Mindcrime is in my opinion the best concept metal album of all time. It was Queensryche's finest hour and they have never even come close to repeating it. Be sure to check out Operation: Livecrime also which is the live performance ot the entire album.

Do you think that the Live disc is almost better than the studio? I think that the live disc before they cleaned the sound up on the reissue was superior.....

Picked up the remastered/reissued version of Rage for Order. I forgot how great that one was too...
I haven't seen what is on the Warning or QR discs...
I guess they have additional tracks too.
I'm holding off on Hear in the Now Frontier.
Tribe is coming out soon too....

Tribe sucks. : / I don't normally like to make the "such and such sucks" reply in a thread, but Tribe sucks. You might want to check out some MP3s before you buy it. Did I mention that Tribe sucks ? It's certainly not one of Queensryche's better efforts.

Bryant

Bryant said:
Tribe sucks. : / I don't normally like to make the "such and such sucks" reply in a thread, but Tribe sucks. You might want to check out some MP3s before you buy it. Did I mention that Tribe sucks ? It's certainly not one of Queensryche's better efforts.

Bryant

Damn, coming from a senior member, like yourself...
I will have have to check out some samples.
I have been reading some reviews & sadly they aren't
too kind. I really wanted them to get something "epic" out to salvage what's
left of their career...:yell:

desert_demon said:

I think King Diamonds first 3 albums are great concept albums.Also,I know Pink Floyd and Rush arnt Metal,but The Wall,Dark Side of the Moon,and 2112 are pretty good too.

I don't have any of the reissues yet. I wn the Empire reissue on the radio but haven't received it yet. I plan on getting all the reissues except for Hear In The Now Frontier. I acually have Tribe and I like it. It isnt great but I like it. My favorite Queensryche album is Rage For Order.

TheGraveDigger said:
I don't have any of the reissues yet. I wn the Empire reissue on the radio but haven't received it yet. I plan on getting all the reissues except for Hear In The Now Frontier. I acually have Tribe and I like it. It isnt great but I like it. My favorite Queensryche album is Rage For Order.

The Ryche discs that I find myself listening all the time are:
Empire-I don't carewhat people say, this is a classic & is up there
with Def Lepp's "Hysteria" as far aswhat they did in the studio with song writing
& sounds.
Operation:Live Crime-Like it better than the studio record, it's the shit.
Operation:MindCrime-Still great & with the extra tracks on the reissue it's great.

I can't say that Tribe is a classic, but it's not a bad record.
It's not what you'd call a regular Ryche release. It's on the lighter side
& there's little guitar work that stands out on there. This is one of those records that people like it or hate it....

I'm actually really digging Tribe. It's their best album since the amazing Promised Land. It's not very heavy, but i see Queensryche more as a hard progressive rock band now, more than a metal band. And as far as progressive ROCK goes, Tribe is pretty good.