FIREWIND: Immortals

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
FIREWIND TO RELEASE IMMORTALS ALBUM IN JANUARY; ARTWORK, TRACKLISTING REVEALED

"...Greek melodic Power metal masters Firewind, the group led by guitar-wizard and Ozzy Osbourne band member Gus G., have announced the release of their upcoming eighth studio album, Immortals, which will be released on January 20th via the band’s longtime label partner Century Media Records in Europe. The album will be releaed in North America via AFM Records..."

firewindalbumnov.jpg

"...A first album’s online single is set to debut on November 25th, but in the meantime you can already check out a few sample riffs in a play-through clip that Gus G. recorded in co-operation with Toontrack’s EZmix 2 and the Metal Guitar Gods 4 EZmix Pack expansion..."

Sounds pretty good. I like new vocalist. Chitty was always my fav vocalist for Firewind but I like what I am hearing on this one.

Brand

This sounds really good. The production seems to be really clear. Chitty is still my fav vocalist for Firewind but the vox on this are very good. Very much looking forward to this release. Glad he is making time for Firewind.

Brand

I had actually really started to see Apollo as the voice of Firewind. I do like Henning Basse though, so this works. I didn't actually like the Chitty album though except for two songs. Chitty really elevated the PowerQuest album though.

Very nice. I have liked all 3 songs so far. Something sounds different. Not sure what it is but this does not seem like a Firewind album. Can't put my finger on it but just sounds different to me. Singer is a great fit but maybe the overall sound just sounds different. Almost like it is too polished. Not complaining at all as I love a great sound and a slick production but just sounds like a different Firewind to me.

Anyone else feel this way.

Brand

Just picked up the new album. Have not listened yet but looking forward to it. The last couple were not very good but hoping this one is better. Love Gus's playing.

Brand

Have been listening to this one for a week now and while it is better than the last 2 outings, I find this a very SAFE release. Nothing pops out on this one. It is very enjoyable while you are listening but when it is done, I don't remember any particular song. New singer fits nicely. Guitar work is fantastic but I don't remember any riffs specifically. Production is awesome on this thing. Like I said, I enjoy the disc but don't come back for more. While it is on - enjoy it but once the cd is over - I can't tell you any defining moment of the cd.

Brand