Firewind news

Symphony

PQ member
Jan 8, 2002
Southampton, UK
www.power-quest.co.uk
FIREWIND – SIGN NEW DEAL WITH CENTURY MEDIA RECORDS; REVEAL NEW ALBUM TITLE:
Greek melodic metallers Firewind, lead by guitar wizard and Ozzy Osbourne band member Gus G., can now proudly reveal to have signed a new worldwide deal (excluding North America) with their longtime partners Century Media Records. Gus G. checked in from the studio to comment on the newly settled partnership as follows:
"I hope everyone had a great holiday season and we're kicking off 2012 very strong with lots of stuff in the works. We're currently completing work on our upcoming Firewind studio album, which is coming out killer! I think this album will turn a lot of heads and I can't wait for you to hear it! Be patient cause we got lots of announcements coming, including a few surprises! Also, I'm happy to announce that we've re-signed with Century Media in Europe!! Whether I've been working with CM on Firewind since 2005 or earlier projects since 2002, we've always had a winning team. Together we've achieved fantastic things in the band's career and the proof is the ever growing fanbase and popularity of Firewind. When I explained them my vision and ideas for the new album, they convinced me they're the right partner to take this to a new level! Many thanks to Leif Jensen, Antje Lange, Jens Prueter and the whole team of CM Europe!"
Antje Lange, Century Media's European label manager, adds: "We feel very honoured to work with Gus G. further on and play our part in the fast development of this outstanding Greek talent. Firewind is one of the few fast growing bands in their genre. They have the ability to write excellent songs, Gus G. is a true magician on guitars and their live performance is breath taking. Any one out there asking for more?"

Firewind are currently in the studio recording their new studio album Few Against Many, which will see a release before the Summer via Century Media Records. Check out the band's YouTube channel for a couple of interesting in-studio episodes already launched for the ongoing recording session and look out for more coming soon:
www.youtube.com/firetv
Studio Diary Part One – Drums: / Studio Diary Part Two – Bass: .
Firewind will be playing two special shows this week in their native Greece to conclude the worldwide touring cycle for their current album “Days Of Defiance”, but also to kick-off the new year 2012 with style. Additionally, Firewind have already announced the first couple of European summer festival dates: Masters Of Rock Festival (Czech Republic) and Summer Breeze (Germany). Here are all upcoming tour dates for 2012:

Firewind – Live 2012:
13.01. Ioannina (Greece) - Boxx Live Stage / Tickets: www.boxx.gr
14.01. Athens (Greece) - FUZZ / Tickets: www.ticketarena.gr
12.-15.07. Vizovice (Czech Republic) - Masters Of Rock Festival / www.mastersofrock.cz
16.-18.08.Dinkelsbühl (Germany) - Summer Breeze Open Air / www.summer-breeze.de

Firewind launched their extensive worldwide touring schedule for the previous “Days Of Defiance” album, originally released in September 2010 via Century Media Records, last year with a well-received tour in Japan, festival appearances at Graspop, Hellfest, Sonisphere UK, Basinfirefest and also supported Judas Priest in Greece. Firewind then continued with successful headlining runs in Europe throughout September (with support by label mates Wolf) as well as all over the USA and Canada in October (with support by Arsis, White Wizzard and Nightrage). More dates for their 2012 campaign are expected to be announced soon…
Stay tuned for more Firewind news in regards to the upcoming album…
Firewind online:
www.firewind.gr / www.facebook.com/firewindofficial / www.myspace.com/firewind / twitter.com/firewindmusic.

firewind-gusg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if this deserves some of the negative comments I've been seeing. Thought it was actually pretty good. Some of the riffing gave my a Pantera vibe and the solo melts faces IMHO.

Not sure if this deserves some of the negative comments I've been seeing. Thought it was actually pretty good. Some of the riffing gave my a Pantera vibe and the solo melts faces IMHO.

Pretty much agree with this, having now listened to it.

Proof that Pantera-style sound works if you don't have Phil Anselmo on Vocals telling us he's gonna beat you up if you disagree with him. #philanselmohate

Did anyone give this much of a listen? I've been giving it a few spins whilst down the gym and I just can't bring myself to like it all that much. Felt generic in places and it's got this - forgive me - 'American metal' sound. Yknow this current NWOAHM sound which sounds like it could be radio friendly college punk rock? It's hard to explain but that's what came to mind. Think Firewind have lost it to be honest, Days of Defiance had a similar not-wowed effect on me.

I must admit I only listened to their last album a handful of times and I've only listened to the latest once so far, but I enjoyed the last album and I enjoyed my first spin on the latest.

I do intend on listening to it at least a few more times soon, particularly as I'll be seeing them in September, so we'll see how I feel about it after that.

I can't say I'm too impressed with the last FW album either. As far as bands with Apollo on vocals goes I stick to Evil Masquerade's Pentagram this year. Have anyone else here heard it? Apollo's voice is really awesome on that album.

I can't say I'm too impressed with the last FW album either. As far as bands with Apollo on vocals goes I stick to Evil Masquerade's Pentagram this year. Have anyone else here heard it? Apollo's voice is really awesome on that album.

Regrettably I haven't had Firewind's new album yet, but hopefully soon. As far as Evil Masquerade's latest album goes, then yes I def agree, it is not only a brilliant album, but Apollo sounds amazing. Any fans of the singer def need to check this band out.