First Axe Fx ultra song

guitar sounds good and i like the daracula like theme but WTF is going on with the drums!?
these sound very confusing, frantic.

cheers
S.

As far as what? Mix wise or the way their written?

One of the things I haven't really gotten around to yet with the drums is routing all the cymbals I want to use. I write everything in guitar pro and your only limited to 2 crash cymbals there. So for the cymbal juggling stuff, I have to go in and edit some of the parts manually so it sounds like I intended them. :(

If you're talking mix wise, then I haven't got a clue, thats why I posted here, haha. Its always good to get a pair of fresh ears on these things.

One question I do have to ask, which is probably a super nooby thing (seeing as how I don't know how to explain it)
How do you achieve a more "open" sound with mixes? Like, I would consider the one I just did very closed.. The only way I know how to explain it is that all the instruments are too close together or something like that.

Anyway, cheers! Thanks man!

Despite what you said, this seems to have more depth and space than a lot of brootle metal mixes on here, which I like. Not as fatiguing and everything-directly-in-front-of-your-face-ish.

EDIT: Also, the toms at the start sound ridiculously fake. That's probably because they are, but I'd stick a humaniser on them or edit the midi file to give them some variation in velocity. Even if it's just for that one bit.

the mix does not sound bad at all, it's more how the drums are written what's confusing me.
try to avoid guitar pro when writing drums, this program is not really made for this purpose.

cheers
S.

maybe a little more gain in the rhythm guitars? they sound a little thin to me. it is a very cool song tho the the eery synth is legit, haha. good shit man.

Thanks for all the recommendations guys! Much appreciated!

As for writing drums, It's always been easier for me to write in guitar pro then export and just put the cymbals I intended. (I do the same with keyboards)