D20 - A track from my band's EP i'm recording (Axe Fx, S2.0)

D20

May 19, 2008
I've been busy lately recording my band's (The Icarus Effect) EP and just finished up a track. I wanted to post the instrumental version of it here to see what you guys thought of how everything is sounding so far. Guitars are my Axe Fx Ultra using Recto and 5150 models. Bass is a few tracks. 1 axe fx, 1 direct, and 1 sansamp. Drums are S2.0 Avatar kit with a kick from Metal Foundry. Let me know what you guys think of how its sounding so far?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1046513/Eye Opener Mix.mp3

Newer mix here (reworked the kick, bass, and EQ'd guitars a tad more): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1046513/Eye Opener Mix 2.mp3

Sick Song and Mix! =O
Would you share your S2.0 Preset? It sounds amazing!

Many thanks! I would, but all mix everything after i bounce the drums. I can tell you i used the coated head toms, Nir Z snare, 13" hats, two 18" AA and HHX cymbals i think, and a kick from the Metal Foundry.

nice one. what guitar are you using?

Thanks. its a Schecter C-1 Blackjack with EMG 81/85 pups.

Quality tune & mix!!!

Many thanks!!!!

wow!! love that bass guitar!!
very nice overall sound and cool song!

Thanks!!! I love my Spector bass!!!

+1 on the bass guitar. but the mix seems to lacking a weeeeee bit of life, like it needs just a tad more low end. other than that, its superb!

Cool thanks for the input!!!!
I always have a hard time with trying to figure out what the right amount of low end is. Its probably the hardest thing to get right when it comes to mixing for me.

nice tune, awesome bass, cool but a little bit boomy guitars, strange DJ stuff, cool roomy drums, needz moar vocals! :D

nice tune, awesome bass, cool but a little bit boomy guitars, strange DJ stuff, cool roomy drums, needz moar vocals! :D

Many thanks!

Yeah vocals are coming soon. Our singer is out of town at the moment, but when he gets back we are going to tracks his parts.

nice one. what guitar are you using?

I forgot to mention that on one of the rhythm tracks i used my guitarist's PRS custom 22. Sorry about that.

scratchin at the end is so sick hahahaha

love this man

Awesome! Thats all our DJ/guitarist! He wasn't totally sold on his performance, but i thought it was awesome!

Thanks for listening and thanks for your the input!!!

Sounds great, i find the guitars lack bottom end though. Bass intro sounds great but when the guitars kick in, it doesn't provide that punch for me. The sub emphasizes the lack of bottom end.

Just fill the space between the guitars and bass n' you'll be there!

Sounds great, i find the guitars lack bottom end though. Bass intro sounds great but when the guitars kick in, it doesn't provide that punch for me. The sub emphasizes the lack of bottom end.

Just fill the space between the guitars and bass n' you'll be there!

Cool! Thanks man!!!

sounds pretty good man, but personally I think the low end of the bass needs to come up some more, probably some more compression on it too. The high end of the bass is killer though, I like everything else

Cool man thanks!!! I'm not sure if its my room that i record in, but it always sounds a bit boomy which causes me to bring the low end down.

Thanks for the input bro!!!