D20 - First finished track from my band's EP

D20

May 19, 2008
the mix sounds great man, sounds like some damn good symphonic metal mixed with a bit of djent. The bass sounds awesome usually it just gets lost in the mix. What did you use for the guitars?

the mix sounds great man, sounds like some damn good symphonic metal mixed with a bit of djent. The bass sounds awesome usually it just gets lost in the mix. What did you use for the guitars?

Thanks man!!! I appreciate the feedback!

I tried to get the bass sounding as good as i could since i'm the bassplayer in the band :) I used my Spector Euro 4LX. It is actually 3 tracks of bass mixed. One is Axe Fx, another is Ampeg SVX, and the last track is a Sansamp track.

Guitars were my Schecter C1 Blackjack with EMG 81/85 pickups and a PRS with an SH4 in the bridge. The Schecter went into my Axe Fx and i used the 5150 model and the PRS used the Recto New model.

Sound good! But it seems like the kick is ducking the guitars, maybe you should turn the kick a tiny bit down, and/or master it a little bit less "hot". But overall it sounds great!

Sound good! But it seems like the kick is ducking the guitars, maybe you should turn the kick a tiny bit down, and/or master it a little bit less "hot". But overall it sounds great!

Cool! Thanks for the feedback!! Much appreciated!!!

You know when you posted this song before I'd downloaded for it to be a reference song, cause the mix was crystal clear. The new one sounds like you turned all the knobs to 11. Maybe it has something to do with mastering, but it sounds more dense than it needs to be.

You know when you posted this song before I'd downloaded for it to be a reference song, cause the mix was crystal clear. The new one sounds like you turned all the knobs to 11. Maybe it has something to do with mastering, but it sounds more dense than it needs to be.

Cool many thanks for the input. Yeah its probably the mastering that did that. I actually am trying some new things with on my masters. The album is finished yet, so i'll probably try to turn the knobs down a bit.

I really appreciate the feedback. Thanks!!!!

nice man, i would definitely have axe fx in my rig if i could afford it lol, and prs guitars sound great, but i swear by my agile interceptor pro :)

nice man, i would definitely have axe fx in my rig if i could afford it lol, and prs guitars sound great, but i swear by my agile interceptor pro :)

I hear ya!!! I love my axe fx! Yeah the PRS is actually my brother in law's guitar. Its nice, but i dig my Schecter C1 better. It just plays easier and i'm a big fan of EMGs which is what i put in it as well.

Your kick is waaaay too poppy. Dial back on the compression. OHs could come down a tiny bit.

Thanks for the input.

I just edited the OP and added a newer mastered version. Its no where near as LOUD as the first on i posted. I also tweaked a few other things in the mix.

Here it is: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1046513/Eye Opener Final 3.mp3