First Halcyon Way Mix (Bogner+Recto)...and SVT4 on Bass

Lasse Lammert

HCAF Blitzkrieg
Feb 12, 2009
www.lasselammert.com
yo slackers, here's the first draft of the new Halcyon Way:

Rise To Revise

it's not finished or anything, but it shows the direction we're heading....

and please spare me with comments like "the *insert musician* sucks"....
also...if you hate the mix I don't wanna hear about it either since it's not the final version anyways, lol

:headbang::headbang:

I like the guitar tone, its really heavy.

Can you explain, in what way are the bogner and recto combined ?
- recorded seperately and then combined using layering ?
- bogner and recto used on different tracks and not layered on one single track ?
- something else ?

thanks everyone

I like the guitar tone, its really heavy.

Can you explain, in what way are the bogner and recto combined ?
- recorded seperately and then combined using layering ?
- bogner and recto used on different tracks and not layered on one single track ?
- something else ?

The guitar was a mid-level brian moore with EMG81 running @ 18v.
2 tracks of bogner and 2 tracks of recto, pretty much the same level, the recto perhaps an eurasian cunthair softer than the Über.
Cab was the one and only Mesa Recto std miced with a single sm57.

EDIT: here's a video of the recording sessions:

and I wanna believe I don't sound that fucked up when noone's holding a camera into my face....big phallic things in my face make me nervous....shut up jon, don't say what you're thinking now!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ack, I'm gonna have to disagree. The drums are the only thing I don't like about this. Guitars/bass are great.. vocals are decent, not digging the drums tho. Kick is too clicky and the snare is small and not punchy and just not cutting it imo. Sounds like its been limited way too hard.

Ack, I'm gonna have to disagree. The drums are the only thing I don't like about this. Guitars/bass are great.. vocals are decent, not digging the drums tho. Kick is too clicky and the snare is small and not punchy and just not cutting it imo. Sounds like its been limited way too hard.

And i'm gonna have to agree with this.

Kick is just not doing it for me.

Guitars/Bass sound great (though maybe a tad bit bright for my taste), works for the song/style though.