First human 'infected with computer virus'

Scientists develop life in the form of amoeba, the earth's crust is withering away at the bottom of the ocean, Dio/Pete Steele/Sennheiser/Les Paul/Paul Grey just died, we find out a way to turn off morality in our fucking brains, now this?

What a fuckin' year.

That is utter shit... This is no different from anyone putting a piece of malware on any RF enabled chip and beaming it between chip->comp.
The only difference is is that this fud put it in his skin.

I fail to see any scientific relevance or breakthrough.

If he connected it to a vital organ and the chip actually posed a danger/had an ACTUAL influence then i'd be impressed, but so far this is the computational and scientific equivalent to lighting a fart and claiming you're a volcano.

Actually he showed that a pacemaker can be "infected" by the virus (2:05 ca)

cheers

No, he postulated, he didn't show.

And my original point stands. This chip would do the same thing out of the body as in. It's RF = Radio Frequency = No wires. Thus, the only "special" thing this guy has done is stick it in his hand.

I'm more impressed by, and find the initial claims of Building/Phone security far more news worthy than this silly fud sticking an RF chip in his body and loading a piece of malware on it. The issue with the former being way more awesome than the latter is that it doesn't grab media attention because he is not the first to do it.

What would be appropriately defined as "First human infected with malware" is if major breakthroughs in DNA based computation are made and the malware is appropriately transferred onto that medium. Until then, he's just a silly bastard that no-one will let touch their computer.

That is utter shit... This is no different from anyone putting a piece of malware on any RF enabled chip and beaming it between chip->comp.
The only difference is is that this fud put it in his skin.

I fail to see any scientific relevance or breakthrough.

If he connected it to a vital organ and the chip actually posed a danger/had an ACTUAL influence then i'd be impressed, but so far this is the computational and scientific equivalent to lighting a fart and claiming you're a volcano.

THIS

if the device was controlled by a chip, and the device's function was vital to your health, and the chip got a virus which caused it to perform incorrectly

then, and only then, would it matter

other than that, a virus on the device would just be like having a virus on your laptop. no human harm, just a device in turmoil haha.

Let's not all forget how viruses are typically acquired in the first place..

THE INTERNET/NETWORKING/BEING STUPID.

I don't think I even HAVE to say that if this trend ever caught on, chips like these would be regulated out the ass to combat this new, quite useless form of 'malware', just incase this attention-seeking retard's methods ever catch on. Which they won't, because there's no real way to transmit said 'viruses' unless you're dumb enough to make them and put them on these chips by yourself (like this dipshit.)

Are there going to be real malware ads on the streets that upload this stuff into whatever chip you'd have in your body? No. Why would you have a fucking COMPUTER CHIP in your body in the first place? That isn't network accessible.. *PUNCH HERE IF YOU WANT TO SAVE MONEY ON YOUR CAR INSURANCE*