First Metallish mix

First one sounds like the guitars are too distant in the mix, I prefer the second, sounds pretty good, but that sloppy doublebass work spoils the start of the song imo.

Yeah, I think you should go in by hand and add some hits to replace the kick hits he missed and then quantize it somehow; either manually or auto. The drumming is pretty poor, and the feel of the song will suffer until that is fixed somewhat. Otherwise, version 2 is on the right track.

I Agree with the other posts, drumming is slobby. But as you stated you can't do anything about that, which is a shame..

The mix sounds good to my ears and I like the guitar tone alot..

What did you use to record the guitars??

Thx for the comments !!!
Oops, didn't catch that. Why can't you fix the performances?

Well I COULD do it , but I really just hate it. I will fix things that are nearly perfect to perfect but not from this to good.

I tell them in advance to write songs that are only 85 procent of their capacitys so it will be tight. I also state that I do not corrigate mistakes.
It's just a filosofy of mine , maybe a wrong one.

Guitars are a H&K Triamp on a Bogner 2*12 inch cab , a ENGL *dunno* on the same Bogner. Lots of mids on both amps. Then DI box with a behringer (yeah , behringer! :p) into amplitube2 and some mesa emulation to full things up in the highs and lows.

Just one SM57 on both amps with a Fireface 800 pre-amp :)

The reason I do this is because mids are harder to emulate then highs and lows, so I can always make them nasty but never cut more trough, if that makes any sense at all ;)

Thx for the replys !!!