First mix ive uploaded 'killswitchy'?

Lamsy

New Metal Member
Jun 18, 2011
manchester
So yeah this is the first mix ive uploaded, Im only a noob so have at me and tear it appart please, I did this for a friends band. A couple of things, They didnt want to anything editing, So there are a few timing issues, I think i overgained the guitars a little but not having a good ear for this yet i could be wrong, Drums are metal machine, OH's are metal foundry.
The vocals were done by a guitairst at the last minute, He's not a vocalist and didnt have any words (they were written very quickly)
Again, any pointers on it would be great, I do this for fun more than anything but i still feel its a long way off :) pretty cool song though and a great bunch of guys, I just want to do a good job for them :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Guitars are a tad over gained. I would find a better 808 sample too, that one is really short and sticks out pretty awkwardly. Im curious as to what the guitar signal chain is though if you dont mind sharing. Metal Machine sounds better than i was expecting as well. Hmmmm

+1 on the overgained gats, they're borderline fatiguing..

Drums sound a bit too fake, in their programming more than the samples. Should try to humanise them a bit. Some bits got a bit machine-gunny..

Cheers for the advice, i had a feeling there was way to much gain, the guitars are my bugera 6262 volume on one (its loud at that volume but know its not loud enough for the sound to be open plus neighbors...) along with a clone ts and a single 57 on a v30, they are all bussed to a mb comp and eq doing a few cuts and normal hp and lp. Silly mistake of that day was not gain staging.. Sounds great soloed but you know, live and learn, luckily i took d.is so ill address that late. The drums i agree with, ill also humanize those a bit and make them a little more realistic.
The sub drop im at a stump with though, i only have two handy and those were grabbed off this forum, i guess i could spend a little time sourcing a few out
thanks again though guys, ill get an update up soon trying to correct the issues you have pointed out

Sub drops are pretty easy to make too. Or u can buy Sturgis' for cheap and just modify to suit.