My latest mix

i think it sounds better) more power in that tone

sorry for stupid question - but can you give me some basic tips for c4 mastering to start from?

I am not a fan of the C4 on the mastering bus. I think it is one of those things that can sound good at first, and then you go back to it and say "why did I do that?".

If you are having troublegetting loudness, you need to try putting your mix in a channel and making a buss with a softclipper and a limiter on it. Turn up the channel fader to the top and send it to the bus channel. turn up the softclipper 1 or 2 db and set your limiter to take off 1 or 2 db max.

This way you have achieved a lot of loudness with almost no compression.

i think it sounds better) more power in that tone

sorry for stupid question - but can you give me some basic tips for c4 mastering to start from?

My tip would be to not do it.

Oh and as for the mix..I like the guitars a lot..I dont hear any bass on regular speakers though and the drums sound too compressed to me. The hi hats are too bright or squashed or something also. But the guitars are pretty much rocking.

I am not a fan of the C4 on the mastering bus. I think it is one of those things that can sound good at first, and then you go back to it and say "why did I do that?".

If you are having troublegetting loudness, you need to try putting your mix in a channel and making a buss with a softclipper and a limiter on it. Turn up the channel fader to the top and send it to the bus channel. turn up the softclipper 1 or 2 db and set your limiter to take off 1 or 2 db max.

This way you have achieved a lot of loudness with almost no compression.

thanks man - i'll try to do this way!
and by the clipper you mean something like timeworks mastering compressor?