first mix version with NO AMPSIMS and REAL DRUM:) (complete with VOX, GANGSHOUTS....)

vocals seem a little loud, and the gang vocal sections kinda weak in comparison, they don't mesh well together. Sounds good, though. Nice to hear some real performances and tones. I also think gang vocals are most effective in small doses...This song seems to have as much gang vocals as regular vocals...And the vocals at 2:20-2:35...facepalm (nothing to do with the mix, though).

Whoa! These are real drums? They sound amazing!

what's the trick? I've been trying for my past few projects to take samples of the drummers kit and I just epicly fail every time. Sounds pretty basement-recording style when I do it haha.

nice track! (like the intro)
drums sound awesome!!!
overall mix is organic and transparent at the same time.
gang vocals rule!!!

i don't like the br000tal vocals in the beginning they sound just not right IMHO!
the clean style vocals...definetly something wrong with them, chorus!? bad doubles!? timing!?...sounds really strange!

cheers
S.

These are good two points!!!

1. Vocals are a little bit to loud
2. Gang shouts are weak

I only put a comp on the gang shouts and a send to a Reverb.

I did 4 people groups like 6-8 times and put them in the stereo field.

Any tips to push them, I´m missing the smack like on PWD, comeback kid, set your goals...

So about the drums:

Kick is 100% replaced with a sample (multi-gog) which sounded as close as the real kick.

Snare is blended (50% samples 50% real) and toms are REAL.

I hate to use tom-samples because they always sound fake or like SSD:)

About the drumsound:
The drumsound is commin from the direct mics, samples but also from the Room mic, and the overheads.
If you want the cymbals be noticed there is NO way to get the drums out of the mics, so the samples and the eq´s have to work with the OH and Romm sound.
It took me ages(like 4 years) to get it:)
They all have to work together

But I was very lucky because the drummer was very good with his hands!!!

And thanks for the feedback!!!!

Thank you very much!!!

I used samples from the steven slate drums.
But I realy dont know what number...z ???

I opened drumagog and loaded sample after sample till I found one that works great with the real kick and the real snare.
I did this because of the overheads and room mics!!!
Also I did a lot of eq´ing to get that sound.

After that I send the kick,snare and toms to a drumbus and compressed them with the waves API 2500.
I used a very slow attack and the fastest release with a very low ratio.

cool! gefällt mir !

dont like the lead vocals (just a matter of taste ;-),

but the groupshouts sound really good!

any info on them ?

Gangshouts:
2 groups of 4 people.
Each group did 4 takes->8 takes all together
After that I put each take in a different spot of the stereo field.

Post processing:
rVox for gate and little compression
Waves Api 2500 comp for hard compression
V-eq

I also sent the pre-processed audio to an AUX with:
Waves doubler 4
V-Comp
logic channel eq
Waves rVerb

I think the most important thing is to get all the takes very tight...

hey man,can you post some screen shots with settings of the plug in for the gangshouts??please.. :)

It is all about a tight performance, reverb, compression, eq and maybe a doubler....
make small groups (2-5 people) and let them do several takes till it sounds right and big enough.
After that hard compression with a very short attack and release time, some lowcut to get them shiny:) and a nice verb to give them the big stadium sound...

I dont want to be a dick but
Without the same room, the same tracking levels, the same distance to the mic (which was 1m for everybody /and the mic was on omnidirectional characteristic) even without the same mic no preset would help!!!