First post in here...be gentle.

mstone564

Jan 21, 2010
I got bored and decided to write some grooves, breakdowns, ect. and record them.

I'm mainly wondering how my drums are sounding and what I need to do to improve. I'm using Superior 2.0 with the Metal Foundry and sampled kicks and snares.

About the guitars, I'm using only an RP250 for DI's and an LTD F-50 with shit pickups and old strings. :( The bass was also played through this, so sorry for the awful tone.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3689406/GCJune.mp3

The snare is a tad loud and dry. I'd add some reverb on the drums or add more if there already is some. I'd also boost some higher frequencies on the snare too, maybe between 3-6.5 k. Hope that helps!

The snare is a tad loud and dry. I'd add some reverb on the drums or add more if there already is some. I'd also boost some higher frequencies on the snare too, maybe between 3-6.5 k. Hope that helps!
I'm using Superior's room sound to create a reverb effect. Should I replace it (or just add) a track with reverb? Does the snare need reverb too? I've been told by my guitarist who's heard my clips with blasting and he said the reverb of my snares get in the way during those sections. What can I do about that?

Thanks for the advice! I really need/appreciate it! :D

WELCOME TO THUNDERDOME, BITCH!

I'm mainly wondering how my drums are sounding and what I need to do to improve. I'm using Superior 2.0 with the Metal Foundry and sampled kicks and snares.

I keeed, I keeed... haha.

I agree with what was said above... the drums sound dry and the snare is too loud... the guitar tone/being so loud really makes it hard to focus on the drums...

WELCOME TO THUNDERDOME, BITCH!
This made my day. XD
I agree with what was said above... the drums sound dry and the snare is too loud... the guitar tone/being so loud really makes it hard to focus on the drums...
Alright, I added a little high end to snare, made the drums less dry (I hope..), and turned down the guitars a little. Any better?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3689406/GCJune.mp3

Also, any comments on the toms? I could really use some tips.