First Post! PODx3+Superior Drummer 2.0 Mix

GrantMcFarland

New Metal Member
Dec 10, 2008
Hey Guys,

I met someone while out on tour who turned me on to this forum. I'm very excited to be a part of this community.

I have always been a musician and have recently decided to get into recording. A month ago I picked up a podx3 and superior 2.0. This mix is how far I have come thus far.

There are a few notes I can add myself:

* I know that my mix clips a little. I tried to get loud energy from the start and I know this is the wrong way to do it.
* The guitar tone as of right now is stuck until I get a DI and reAMP box. Which I plan on doing quite soon.
*Vocals are done with an sm58 while i was out on the road with my band. So I have no pop filter :(

So tell me what you think!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=901067

*Current Setup*
- 15" Macbook Pro 2 GHz Intel Core Duo 2 GB 667 MHz DDR SDRAM
- Logic Pro 8
- Presonus FireStudio
- Line 6 PODx3
- Superior Drummer 2.0
- Guitars - LTD EC-1000, Jackson Soloist SLS, and Ernie Ball Music Man Sterling

Welcome dude!

The vocals are WAAAY too low in the mix. In fact, I think everything except the drums is too low. I like that snare, but kick definitely needs less click. It sounds almost like a typewriter, IMO.

Hey, thanks for the reply!

Can you elaborate at all on your response? I'm sure there's more to fix than just volume levels, ha.

If you want I can share my s 2.0 preset. If you wanna check that snare out.

i agree with rex rocker.
everything seems very low. that kick drum stands out.
definitely needs more bass and less click.
guitars could come up alot - dont underestimate the power of the pod x3, you can get some awesome tones out of it.
try listening to the song at a very low level.
that will tell you what sticks out and what needs to be brought down or up in the mix.
then work up from there.

Hey, thanks for the reply!

Can you elaborate at all on your response? I'm sure there's more to fix than just volume levels, ha.

If you want I can share my s 2.0 preset. If you wanna check that snare out.

please, share your s2.0 preset. some post-process out of s2.0????