First Superior 2 mix

The Creator

Jun 7, 2007
I can has Superior 2.0 tests/songs in here.
Here is an updated short mix test I did a while ago http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=6950371&q=hi
Complete with parallel compressed drums (minus the overheads and ambience) and a few 808 kick samples for good measure

So far not sure I'm really digging S 2.0 since it seems all the snares seem to have an annoying ring to them

Btw my S 2.0 settings are based off some I found in here, changed a bunch of stuff though, including the snare used and hihats.

Snare doesnt work for me either. No crack to it, too much spring. The sample seems like a soft hit sample. Does Superior have a dynamics setting ?

No crack to it indeed, it does (as does the original) but this is a pretty hard hit most of the time, it only really changes when you use a 127 level hit- those are are the ones that seem to have more a room sound to it- like at the end of the fill at 27 seconds.
I need to find out how to get rid of the annoying ring to it, perhaps a simple gate?

A gate would get rid of the ring. But its not gonna change the soft hit (to much spring). Snare sound is a personal taiste thing. I hate the picalo snare alot of metal bands use. Give me a hair band snare of the 80's and 90's anyday !!!