My first test with DFHS Superior 2.0

I also prefer the last version...

So where do you find the differences between superior1 and 2?... It's just the quality of the samples or are there any other serious improvements?

Thanks guys! I just listened to this on real monitors and I'm very happy with the results!

Here's the DFHS 2.0 patch if anyone wants it. It does not include my Cubase mixer settings and effects though, so it will not sound exactly the same. I did extra EQ and compression on each of the 3 snare mics, the kick and toms in cubase. I also adjust volumes for the rest of the mics in Cubase too like the room and bullet mics. No sample replacement was used at all. But this patch may be a good place to start for some that are struggling with 2.0. Enjoy! I'll post the Gearbox patches in a bit, too.

http://www.esnips.com/web/DFHSSuperior20

Dude, you're awesome. My Superior 2 arrived today and I'm installing the sound-library at the moment.
Can't wait to try your preset.

BTW: Do you guys think, the very basic installation is enough or are the additional ambience- and bullet (?)-mics a must-have?
At the moment I try to install the full installation on an external HD, the basic installation on my macbook-HD and set one of the path's as the "Backup"-Path.

Dude, you're awesome. My Superior 2 arrived today and I'm installing the sound-library at the moment.
Can't wait to try your preset.

BTW: Do you guys think, the very basic installation is enough or are the additional ambience- and bullet (?)-mics a must-have?
At the moment I try to install the full installation on an external HD, the basic installation on my macbook-HD and set one of the path's as the "Backup"-Path.

They are a must have!!!! The bullet mic on the snare and kick is a fantastic feature. The ambience samples are what make this release so great, IMHO.

Splat88 you sir are awesome! Thank you.

+1!

Splat, you are the man!

If it's not too much trouble, could you post your Cubase file too? I'm using Cubase and would really enjoy looking at how you have S2.0 routed in Cubase. So not only do you have complete control over all the drums within S2.0, you also are effecting them individually within Cubase??? WOAH!

They are a must have!!!! The bullet mic on the snare and kick is a fantastic feature. The ambience samples are what make this release so great, IMHO.

Okay, I checked it out yesterday. No problem to have two seperate path's in Superior 2. So I installed the basic-kit on my macbook (for songwriting and programming drums) and the full kit on my external. So, two presets should do it.

But I wasn't able to load your preset. Sadly it only played back the kickdrum and nothing else. I must admit, that I haven't had enough time to fiddle around more.

I also need to get the drums mapped in logic beforehand. The AD-map and Superiors map are not nearly close :D

Okay guys, I posted up the guitar and bass patches (with EQ patch) at the top of the thread. Enjoy!

Yeah, I tried it and did not like it at all. The samples themselves sound good, but the performance just sounds way too fake unless you go to extreme measures in your midi programming. Even after that, I was not satisfied with the results.