Drumkit From Hell Superior test song

Amazing sound & amazing thread!! Thanx for sharing all this stuff! I'm wondering what the path is to you plugins cause I got some of the plugs but when loading the project Cubase can't seem to find them. I wonder if it's because I'm using the Denmark version of windows so my plugins are in C:\Programmer\Steinberg\vstplugins... Hmmm. Anyway - Great stuff man!

I think its because I used Waves VST and not direct-x. I'll have to change that when I get some time.

got one question...
what eq and comp was on bass/guitar before their mixdown?

I used Curve EQ on the bass, then used Waves RComp bass preset and did a 6db gain reduction. Then I limit pretty heavily with waves L1 at a 50ms release until the peak meter stays at a constant level.

Sorry for the possible noob question, but if I were to isolate the DFHS instances, could I just copy and paste the same, complete midi-map to all 4 channels and have them only play the parts they are keyed in for? Thanks!

Yeah, just paste the midi track 4 times. One for each VST instance.

When I program drums, I only use one VST instument and run with no effects.

Very good.
Deftones has my favourite drumsound on 'Around The Fur'.

Guitars sound very organic (=good) for a POD, probably a passive pickup?

Thanks! I used an HM Fender Squire with a floyd rose trem and a seymore duncan Trembucker humbucking pickup.

Cheers for the file.
I remember when I first got DFHS I had a file that you had posted that really helped me out alot!!!

probably the most real drum sound I have heard from DFHS, great work.

MOLG? jeezus....and I thought I was the only one who still listened to them :D We'll be cranking out the Stabbing Westward next!

Very creative splat. Best sounding DFHS yet...most impressed..

Whats this autogate plugin? Where did you get that? Hows about that pod patch bro?!?

Thanks for sharing man....

By the way...love the drum sound on Clouds at Four....dfhs? Care to share tips on that drum sound?

Thanks again man.

Nevermind.....I did a search and found the info man....Search, who knew?

Cannot download the guitar bass file....I registered and still will not allow it...

Very creative splat. Best sounding DFHS yet...most impressed..

Whats this autogate plugin? Where did you get that? Hows about that pod patch bro?!?

Thanks for sharing man....

By the way...love the drum sound on Clouds at Four....dfhs? Care to share tips on that drum sound?

Thanks again man.

Nevermind.....I did a search and found the info man....Search, who knew?

Cannot download the guitar bass file....I registered and still will not allow it...

Thanks!

I think the autogate plugin is deactivated. I don't even know where I got that plugin and I don't really ever use it.

The drums on Clouds at four are DFHS but I have two kick going simltaneously. The premiere and the sonar. I time aligned the two and reversed the phase of the sonar and it gives it a really weird punchy sort of sound. I don't do that anymore because it doesn't work that well unless all the kick hits are at a high midi velocity. There's a lot of the room kick sounds time aligned with the close mic kick sound going on there too. I'll check into why that wave file isn't downloading for you and I'll get around to uploading that POD patch. Sorry, I usually post here while I'm at school in the library, not at home and I always forget to do it while I'm at home.

Thanks!

I think the autogate plugin is deactivated. I don't even know where I got that plugin and I don't really ever use it.

The drums on Clouds at four are DFHS but I have two kick going simltaneously. The premiere and the sonar. I time aligned the two and reversed the phase of the sonar and it gives it a really weird punchy sort of sound. I don't do that anymore because it doesn't work that well unless all the kick hits are at a high midi velocity. There's a lot of the room kick sounds time aligned with the close mic kick sound going on there too. I'll check into why that wave file isn't downloading for you and I'll get around to uploading that POD patch. Sorry, I usually post here while I'm at school in the library, not at home and I always forget to do it while I'm at home.

Thanks man...which DAW did you use? I read you used the reverb from sonar for the kick. Did you program in Sonar, bounce, then bring the files into CUbase?

Thanks man...which DAW did you use? I read you used the reverb from sonar for the kick. Did you program in Sonar, bounce, then bring the files into CUbase?

I used Sonar 5 for Clouds at Four, but I'm using Cubase again for my new stuff. The reverb on the kick in Clouds at Four was the Lexicon reverb in sonar. On this new song I've got the Roomverb plugin going on for the kick snare and toms.

I used Sonar 5 for Clouds at Four, but I'm using Cubase again for my new stuff. The reverb on the kick in Clouds at Four was the Lexicon reverb in sonar. On this new song I've got the Roomverb plugin going on for the kick snare and toms.

Can you give me some more details on the snare (Clouds at Four)? I know it was the pearl3...but I thought I read you used cubase vst softclip on the snare? Maybe not...

Man I love that snare sound!!

I was doing something similar in BFD (instead of multiple VSTi's). I was removing the kick, toms and snare from the overheads leaving only the cymbals. Then would remove all the cymbals from the pzm mics, leaving only the snare, kick and toms...

Thanks again man...awesome that you share all this info...:headbang:

Yep...wanna feel old? Get out something like the soundtrack to The Crow and hear all those great early 90's bands like MOLG....then you realise that with the exception of The Cure and NiN all of those bands are no longer.

Have to admit I miss those days of cheezy Industrial Rock. Seeing the likes PIG at the Camden Underworld was legendary. Anyone for a bit of God Lives Underwater or Econoline Crush? :D

Long time reader, first time writer. It´s not my kind of music but i had to
say something. Kick a** sound!!! Sounds like organic drums. If that´s a test, i want to ear the final cut!!

i had bookmarked this thread a while ago for later on check the project at home but i forgot and today revisiting my favourites i found this thread bookmarked and downloaded the project and now i understand alot of things i didnt understand!! very good thread, splat... could u share the pod patch for the guitars?