New song with Revalver II and Slate Drums

splat how is your process during recording ?
whenever i try to set up more than two instances of revalver
plus dfhs my rig denies service (at a low buffer that is while recording guitars).
so i figured i need to record guitars first, freeze them and then add dfhs
but thats a bit uncreative for my liking - so how do you do it
or is it just teh ubermachine you got :D

That must be a hell of a room that Slate recorded the samples in. Worked really well for your track man. Overall extremely well produced, and the guitars sound better than a lot of albums that feature actual tube amps.

Black neon bob:
Thanks a lot! I love your stuff. You should check out the revalver demo. Its kind of a pain to use since I can't monitor it in real time when I record tracks but I love the sound. I split the output from my guitar and monitor my guitar with the PODxt while a clean reamp signal is recorded. I still like my PODxt for some recorded sounds but I think Revalver is going to get the majority of play time on future songs.

trym^^:
I freeze each instance of Revalver. When set on "high quality" it uses a ridiculous amount of CPU. I hate the freeze function in Cubase though. It locks the entire track and you can't edit it for anything; no cutting, moving automating. I have to reroute each frozen track to an individual group track so I can automate it if needed. That's where Sonar really shines over Cubase in my opinion. I think Sonar is twice the program Cubase is, but I just love Cubase's environment for midi and DFHS.

Moonlapse:
That sample does have a lot of room sound, but its amplified a lot by the amount of compression I have going on with the snare as well. I really love those samples. Thanks for the comments!

Its a bloody crackin' track, ive whacked it on loads for the past few days!! :kickass: I think urs and Bob's grind track are just what I like! :headbang:

Lemme see if I get this right - you're not panning the usual 80 LR and 100LR but all four git tracks 100 LR? Two of those with a comp on em. And it seems that you dont low cut you gits at all - you just use the curve EQ as seen with those posted presets. Damn man - that should give a lot of boomy low end on my system - no low cuts at all on those gits?

But goddamn man that sounds good. I'm in awe here.

My apologies for my noob comments, but a few questions:

What exactly is a revalver, is it some sort of re-amping plugin? Or what exactly does it do? Second of all, advantages to reamping? I understand the basic concept of reamping, but don't really understand why one would use that technique as opposed to just recording from the POD direct in.

Lastly, what would freezing your tracks do? Any info on that would be much appreciated.

My apologies for my noob comments, but a few questions:

What exactly is a revalver, is it some sort of re-amping plugin? Or what exactly does it do? Second of all, advantages to reamping? I understand the basic concept of reamping, but don't really understand why one would use that technique as opposed to just recording from the POD direct in.

Lastly, what would freezing your tracks do? Any info on that would be much appreciated.

Revalver MKII is a software amp simulation, most people think it's the best currently out there because of it's authentic sound when set right.
You basically process your DI guitar/bass track through that sim and put a good cabinet impulse file to your chain. Last but not least some EQ and you can get pretty good results that don't sound like a sim at all.
Other products like Revalver are e.g. Guitar Rig, Amplitube...

Reamping though, is taking your DI tracks to a studio or someone with better equipment/experience than you and let him record/process your tracks through their amps/cabinets.

A POD is another sim alternative and there are some good patches flying around but I'd always prefer an amp.