Another new song - Slate drums and Line 6 content

Really good job! That bass sound is the coolest I've heard in a while. I also can't believe you got the guitar sound with a plugin. I really want to try the gearbox asap! Really tight playing too and a cool song. When is the C.O.A.S.T record coming out?

congrats man!!

I have a 2 year old and a 6 month old.....so finding time to record and shit is difficult to say the least....

Congrats again man...:kickass:

That is the best guitarsound I have ever heard in my life :headbang: Gearbox? Shit dude, I wonder what you could do with an ENGL Savage? The mix is great also, too much verb on the snare for me though but otherwise it's awesome :kickass:

Rating: Guitarsound: 13/10, Mix 10/10, Mix if you lowered the verb: 11/10

BTW do you have some kind of reverb on the guitars or is it the room ambience from the cabinet impulse?

Thank you very much for the patches and details. What did you use on the master? I don´t know why, but the CurveEQ patch isn´t working here. Have anyone tried it?

That is the best guitarsound I have ever heard in my life :headbang: Gearbox? Shit dude, I wonder what you could do with an ENGL Savage? The mix is great also, too much verb on the snare for me though but otherwise it's awesome :kickass:

Rating: Guitarsound: 13/10, Mix 10/10, Mix if you lowered the verb: 11/10

Hey, thanks for the compliment! In response to your other questions, there is some ambiance coming from the guitars on some of the songs, but not all. Its using the PODxt or Gearbox reverb and delay. The patches provided have the same settings I used, just engage the delay and reverbs.

What impulses did you use? You uploaded 30 different ones, which did you use?

Regarding your question about impulses, there are no impulses on this sound. Its all PODxt with Curve EQ. The impulses that are uploaded there are just for hosting from a previous occasion. Sorry for the confusion!

Thank you very much for the patches and details. What did you use on the master? I don´t know why, but the CurveEQ patch isn´t working here. Have anyone tried it?

Hmmm, it works for me in Cubase and Sonar. I load Curve EQ, then click the little disk icon at the top, then click "Load Bank". Keep me posted if it doesn't work.

hey which samples did you use for the kick and snare? and did you do the z4 thing? sounds awesome man!

The kick is 11 Z3. There is a very slight amount of 11 Z4, perhaps 6 or 7% I think. Snare is snare 7 Z1. Snare 7 Z4 is running at about 35% of the Z1 sample.

DAMN!!!! this one has to be a joke!!!

i dont want to be an ass, but i just cant believe you have recorded such a great guitar sound with a 500$-box.
its just ...hmmm...i dont know....but i know a lot of audio engineers, who dont even get close to this one but are spending bazillions of dollars/€

maybe they should sell their stuff on ebay and kill themself

could you post a raw guitar track without any modifikations through cubase and wavelab?

i would be really greatful (i know my english sucks)

I would first like to punch you in the teeth. Then I would like to give you a big hug. Thanks for the patches bro. Congrats on the baby!!!! I'm gonna be in Vegas in about a month.

:worship:

I don't understand how come you don't produce bands professionally, as this is top notch stuff! :headbang:
I like the fact you're not reverb-shy, I'm tired of the dry over-triggered recordings.
I think you should drop whatever job you do and concentrate on recording, there are at least two advantages to it. First, you'll be able to do it despite having a baby and second, you'll make money of it!
At least Line6 should make great advertising out of the sounds you've accomplished using almost only their stuff.

Congrats on the recording(s) and especially the baby!
And great music you make too, daddy, not just the sound!

BTW, are you by any chance of Croatian descent? We have a lot of Kirigins here... ;)