New song with Revalver II and Slate Drums

Splat88

Jan 31, 2006
Vegas
Here's the rough draft of some new material I've finally gotten around to writing. I quad tracked with Revalver II with Guitarhack's amazing impulses. Bass is Amplitube Ampeg VST and drums are DFHS with Slate drums replacing the kick and snare.

I only uploaded about half of the song. Its not done yet.

Click here

.....and.....here's a screenshot, the curve EQ file and the marquis compressor file and a solo'ed sample of the quad tracked guitars to show what they should sound like by themselves.
HERE

I'm glad you like. I just uploaded a mastered version of the song which may sound better I hope.

The preset is the first preset in the "Nikko" collection but I turned off the triode driver and increased the gain to about 6 on the amp. Then I replaced the speaker cab with guitarhack's 'between' impulse file. After that, I curve EQed and compressed.

Yeah, I think I need to split the difference. The first one was a little thin but the mastered one is a little bass heavy. I mixed the first one at night on my headphones and the second one on my monitors. My phones are always bass heavy and my Alesis monitors always sound thin.

Sounds perfect over here. Nice job. I really need those drum samples...fuck.

~e.a

Damn, those Slate drums sound great, I may have to pick up that library. Guitars sound incredible too! I'll definitely be picking up Revalver II once they release the Mac version!

I remixed the track to clear up the mud. I also compressed the kick snare and toms. They were not compressed on the original. They stand out a lot more now. Mastered with Waves Q10 EQ, Waves SSL compressor, and L3 limiter.

nice! im at work so i only have my shitty pc speakers here to listen on but it sounds good

which samples did you use for the kick and snare in the slate pack?

Hey splat, you need to up that Revalver preset :headbang: i just started working with it, would like to see how you constructed the tone!

I'm wondering how you used Curve EQ to shape the tone on the guitars? Was it an essential part of the process? What impulse plug did you use the cab response with?

Sounds fantastic man. Very hard to pick that it's a soft sim at all. Definitely come a long way from people putting up their PODxt demos, trying their best to fool everyone, hehe.

I believe he said he used the first Nikko preset minus the triode driver. Its a stock preset.